JP23 - (J.P.)Member since February 16, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs send Tinordi and Dumont back to Bulldogs, call up Beaulieu (2013-03-29 12:50:02)
I am certain you we're cheering those players on last year. When the DD line was the only one scoring and Moen fought more often since we did not have Prust. These hockey players are not just tokens that can be passed around for the entertainment of the fans. They have lives; they are people. They are allowed to make mistakes and not be perfect. Fans need to stop turning on their players so quickly. The second somebody stops playing well the mantra becomes: "trade this, trade that". Why should a player give his all to the fans when some of the fans will turn on the players for the slightest error. This comment is not directed at you, it is a general statement. Just think that is something we should all keep in mind.
- Comment on Habs send Tinordi and Dumont back to Bulldogs, call up Beaulieu (2013-03-29 12:41:52)
I'd like to wait until the playoffs before I can properly comment on the Moen signing. Moen is known as a "playoff guy". If he brings his game to the next level in the playoffs, when it really counts, then I'll be satisfied, if not then... Yes, Moen is no Prust, but guys like Prust are rare. I would like to see a bit more from Moen during the season, but if he doesn't harm the team and does the little things right during the season and then ups his game during the playoffs, I'll be happy. We just need to have patience before we can properly assess Moen's influence on the team. And I do believe, being second in the East, we can be patient.
- Comment on Habs send Tinordi and Dumont back to Bulldogs, call up Beaulieu (2013-03-29 11:21:47)
1. No. 2. Jets would be entertaining. 3. He won't be traded. But either way I wouldn't buy anybody else out. 4. Therrien, Gallagher and Subban should all be good candidates for their respective awards. 5. Not sure!
- Comment on Subban back in the spotlight again; Halpern claimed off waivers (2013-03-23 14:15:39)
I like the Halpern addition for depth (right handed, faceoffs, PK), but what do you all think the lines will be when everyone is healthy? Purely speculation on my part, but here's what I think: Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta/Ryder Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher Galchenyuk-Eller-Gionta/Ryder Prust-Halpern/White-Moen/Armstrong We are already quite packed, making it difficult to go get another big depth player like many want. I also think that Moen will play better in the playoffs, he's known for being a playoff guy, so I don't want to go anywhere just yet.
- Comment on Subban back in the spotlight again; Halpern claimed off waivers (2013-03-23 14:06:10)
Halpern is a right handed faceoff specialist and a good penalty killer. He played here not too long ago and knows most of the guys in the room. He is a good depth player to have, especially when the Habs have some key injuries up front. Yes when the team is healthy, we might be a bit crowded, but better to have more than less I would think. We didn't have to give up anything to get him, which is another plus.
- Comment on Carey Price sidelined with stomach flu (2013-02-16 00:21:11)
I have to agree, while both Subban and Markov are amazing players and key players on the powerplay, I do think it more wise to split them up. That way there would be two very effective defensive powerplay units. Subban and Bouillon had some success together. Markov and Diaz moved around so well with the puck together and were very effective as we all know. And as you said, Markov&Diaz just seem to be a perfect fit.