shandrew - (Dave Thompson)Member since January 24, 2013
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Cournyer, Lafleur, Roy, Robinson, Koivu
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 12:53:16)
Talent wise, comparing the NFL to the CFL is like comparing the NHL to the East Coast Oldtimer's Association. Further, if guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were playing on a CFL field with those giant end zones they would be completely unstoppable. Having said that, I find the CFL quite entertaining and I enjoy it for what it is.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 15:02:41)
Gotta admit my faith in MB was wavering when he let this get to a hearing BUT...as Ron says the Canadiens have the best front office that they've had in decades
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 14:37:56)
Thank god! My faith in MB is restored.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 14:18:50)
Clearly you are in the camp that doesn't value PK too highly - a franchise player for 2 players who nobody will remember in 3 years is grossly insufficient in my opinion. If the Habs are determined to part ways with Subbann, a mistake in my opinion, they need a young superstar in return.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 12:01:40)
Ian, I could not disagree with you more! I think MB is playing a very dangerous game, and I'm shocked that this wasn't settled prior to the hearing. We haven't had a player like this in years, and we need to pay him what any other team in the league would - 8 year deal averaging $8 mil. If MB doesn't lock PK up long term, I think he's made a terrible mistake. C'mon Marc - pay up!!!
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 13:41:37)
Anyone who thinks that PK would take anything but 8+million for 7 or 8 years is delusional...the Rangers or Leafs or 27 other teams would pay that money in a heartbeat and so should the Canadiens. Why would PK take a lower base salary and try to make it up with bonuses when he can do better? Remember, this is a business, as our own Mr. Bergevin proved a couple of years ago when he played hardball and stuck to his guns on a 2 year bridge contract. The Canadiens won a short term victory, and now it's PK's turn.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 21:40:03)
Sorry, but you seem to be under the illusion that the NHL is anything but a business...Kane and Toews did exactly what they should have done. Next time your boss offers you a big fat raise and you tell him that you're not worth the money he's offering, let me know.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 12:35:42)
I agree it's time Galchenyuk moved to centre but I would rather see either Plekanic or DD go - Eller proved in the playoffs that he is more valuable moving forward. I love Plek, but he's not our future; he would also probably fetch a nice return
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-29 10:28:14)
guilty as charged...it's time to admit MT 2.0 is significantly better than the earlier version.
- Comment on Habs’ Price skates in full equipment, but Therrien says he’s not ready to play (2014-05-27 15:30:34)
While I agree that Toker has been playing well and the forwards are largely invisible, I can't support any statement that begins with "We don't need Carey."