turbodragon - (François Lamirande)Member since January 24, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 08:41:53)
Beaulieu can play right. Has done so in the past, says he likes it.
- Comment on Tough schedule ahead for the Canadiens (2015-02-05 10:43:21)
I wouldn't say that he hasn't been put into a position to succeed; he's been cast into another and has succeeded pretty well, IMO. Putting up points isn't the only important thing in hockey (see Kessel, Phil). Eller's been given more defensive duties and it will be good for his development. The thing his game has always lacked is structure and I think he learned plenty of that this year. He'd already shown promise on offense, and now I believe he's shown he could become a solid two-way player.
- Comment on ‘It’s a pretty cool feeling,’ Olympic champ Price says (with video) (2014-02-25 09:04:08)
Well said. I think the decision to trade Markov or not rests on two factors: 1. What does he want? Will he go to free agency or can he be signed before the deadline? It'd be a pain to risk losing him for nothing, so if MB and his agent can't come to terms, it'll be more tempting to trade him. 2. What can you get for him? If somebody offers a couple of picks and a blue chip prospect, it'll obviously be more tempting to move him.
- Comment on About this afternoon … (2014-02-14 10:44:13)
He's had a few fuck ups in the last month or so, but he's been great otherwise, especially this season, I thought. This is typical habs' fan myopia. You have to look beyond just recent events.
- Comment on ‘I’m a pretty simple player,’ newest Hab Murray says (2013-08-25 15:17:07)
I don't know how Waite's past success will translate to Price. Before working with Waite, Crawford was talented, but all over the place, would go out of his net too much and go for the crazy saves instead of focussing on being properly positionned and always ready. Waite taught him to be calmer and play a more technical, constrained style. I think Price's problems are of a whole different nature. I'm not saying Waite won't be good for him, but he'll have to do something different than he did with Crawford.
- Comment on Toronto transit workers don’t want to wear Habs colours (2013-08-20 17:08:40)
That Lecavalier for all of our prospects thing that came out a while back?
- Comment on Toronto transit workers don’t want to wear Habs colours (2013-08-20 17:05:46)
I know this is heresy in these parts, but having lived there for a year, Toronto's really not that bad. It's large enough that you can always find something you'll enjoy. Be sure to check out Kilgour's Bar, they're Habs fans.
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-15 13:01:32)
I agree with you that Bergevin is planning for a few years in the future, but I also think his moves can be understood as the team having two cores of players: the young kids: Galchenyuk, P.K., Gallagher, Eller, but also a group of older players that are now entering their prime: Plek, Patchs, DD, Gorges. They are solid players and MB would be stupid to write them off althogether. While the kids are indeed very promising, these veterans will also play a large part in our contending in the next few years, and I think MB is well aware of that. That also goes to show that Gainey's inherintance isn't all bad.
- Comment on Habs trade Danny Kristo to Rangers; Lecavalier going to Flyers (2013-07-03 10:19:42)
Could the point of the Kristo trade be to get a little fresher trade bait? MB wanted to trade Kristo to move up in the draft but it didn't work out. There was no place for Kristo on the Canadiens since we are so small already, so now he gets a similar type of player that's a couple years younger and that he can try to trade back in the next couple of years. Meanwhile, the Rangers get a similar player to what they had, but who's little bit older and closer to playing in the NHL.
- Comment on Habs trade Danny Kristo to Rangers; Lecavalier going to Flyers (2013-07-03 10:12:19)
It's also a matter of what we could get. If someone's willing to trade a big guy for an unproven smallish prospect with attitude concerns (Kristo), you can bet said big guy will have very limited hockey skills, since big players who can score are so prized.