Stevie.Ray - (Steven Ray)Member since January 6, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 21:15:21)
2009 went sour because the team was playing better than they were, and then Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Higgins, Brisebois, Dandenault, Komisarek, and Boullion all went down for extended periods of time.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win 6-4 scoring extravaganza (2015-01-17 22:39:28)
Montreal has a 98% chance of making the playoffs. Toronto has 13% chance. Montreal has 44gp and Toronto 46
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 15:35:39)
Habs have certainly won some games that they had no business winning this year. Like I've been saying all year, on paper we're a contender, on the ice we are barely a playoff team, in the standings we're elite.
- Comment on Habs return to practice rink and work on struggling power play (2015-01-08 22:14:35)
T4P reporting Oilers are looking at Beaulieu or Tinordi. I like Yak, but no thanks.
- Comment on Habs return to practice rink and work on struggling power play (2015-01-08 22:12:42)
I think it had to do with him playing in the CHL AND having never played for Russia before. They were unfamiliar with him. He didn't really make a name for himself until last season.
- Comment on Habs return to practice rink and work on struggling power play (2015-01-08 22:11:24)
I watched him play last week when Saskatoon hosted Everett. He was easily the best player on the ice and put up two assists. He played the point on the power play and was able to make a few sweet passes. He's a very quick skater and handle the puck fairly well. Not Galchenyuk level but well enough. And, he back checked and seemed to do alright defensively. But alas, he did float at times and I still think he's a bit raw. A season or two in he AHL wouldn't hurt. He's still in my mind got the stuff to make it as a top 6 nhler.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Lightning preview (2015-01-05 14:31:46)
Just for the record, we have 3.5 m available in cap space, and moving Allen would be another 2.6m gone. Hall is paid 6m so we would slip in by the skin of our teeth. Future seasons however...
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-04 09:19:31)
I got a chance to watch Scherbak live last night. He put up two assists and was noticeably the best player on the ice, but it was still a quiet night for him. He's so fast and he was able to make a few really sweet passes. He played the point on the PP where he set up a nice goal. Defensively he was good. And they did an interview with him during intermission and the kid is so damn likeable. Fun to watch.
- Comment on A letter from the Béliveau family (2014-12-18 17:16:52)
Reway is a good prospect though.
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-17 19:24:35)
Eller is on pace for less than 30 points this year. I like the guy, but he is 25, playing in his fifth season with the Habs, and is playing behind a better defensive Center, and now two (three if you include Pleks again) better offensive centres. We can make all the excuses in the world about ice time, line mates and whatnot, but Eller hasn't taken this league by storm by any means. He's a good player, with good attributes, that fits well in the third line Center role, but I don't see him ever becoming more than that. If he was more consistent like Pleks, and maybe that will come, then I'll change my mind. But right now what we see is what we get, I think. I would still sooner trade DD as he is fairly one dimensional and doesn't fit well lower in the lineup.