Stevie.Ray - (Steven Ray)Member since January 6, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:25:24)
As soon as TSN said "Vanek has been traded but we don't know for whom," I knew it was Montreal. Only team that could keep that a secret all day. I imagine he was a last resort to NYI, and MB did that intentionally. Such a cheapskate.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:05:44)
Tim Bozon is in critical condition with Nierssia Meningidis. Very scary.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 14:21:02)
Montreal scores the biggest player of the day for nothing. #DriveFor25
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 18:28:42)
Tinordi and Subban of course
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 09:48:20)
No but if you sign a top 6 forward last summer (not named Briere), then you could trade Gionta now for picks and not leave a hole in the lineup. In fact, sign every big name you can, and then trade them or whomever they are replacing every year
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 09:09:46)
The quickest way to build a contender through the draft is to: Sign valuable assets in the summer. Not to fill a hole, but to create an area of strength. Trade excess players for high picks. Draft good players. Repeat. So far MB hasn't done any of those.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 09:06:29)
I suspect 2 or 3 years, and he will be worthless by the end of that contract
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 09:04:22)
Dreger reported on TSN 690 this morning that it appears to be fairly quiet on the Montreal front. So once again, trade deadline will come and go and Montreal will do nothing to make the team better now, and nothing to make the team better in the future. I know the fans are split on whether to trade Markov, and there is a solid argument on both sides. But the way I look at it is that the team as it is now, is not good enough to get past the first round of the playoffs, and there is no reason to expect it to get much better next season. So why sit in the muck of crippling mediocrity year after year and not even try to set up the dominoes for two or three years from now?
- Comment on Habs hit the road on a hot streak; Drewiske clears waivers (2014-03-02 16:19:14)
We still have 7 guys on the nhl roster. The move is simply giving Drewiske a chance to play some games
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-03-01 12:16:25)
Same as every year.