Stevie.Ray - (Steven Ray)Member since January 6, 2013
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-27 01:02:11)
Like Pacioretty himself said, "if anyone one the team is going to get it, it should be Pleky"
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-27 00:59:50)
Columbus did not take out insurance on Hortons contract. He had a back injury when they signed him, and intended to purchase insurance after he returned, but... He never really returned and they could not take out insurance.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rookie De La Rose bags pair as Canadiens beat Columbus (2015-02-26 18:37:20)
CBj can't afford to pay a guy $5.3m who will never play. Tor can't afford to pay a guy $5.25m to play like bad word. Tor will Pronger the heck out of Horton. Just the perks of being a big hockey market.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Smith-Pelly to make Habs debut; Thomas a healthy scratch (2015-02-25 17:42:05)
Conditional first round pick and Roland Mckeown for pending UFA Andrej Sekera. If LA makes the playoffs the pick is for this year; if not then the pick is for '16. Still, a first round pick AND a pretty solid prospect for a guy that may only be there for a couple months. Imagine if they miss the playoffs too! Not to mention if Voynov is acquitted, then LA is on the hook for his salary which puts LA over the cap. This could turn into a glorious fall from grace for the Los Angeles Kings
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 03:30:47)
I say no to Lupul' but if MB is smart he'll sweet talk Nonis for a nice big 4.25m dollar 25 goal scoring right winger known as JVR
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 17:20:42)
@Hope_Smoke: McKenzie said the main reason the Sekac-DSP deal happened was bc Therien didn't feel comfortable using Sekac @Hope_Smoke: McKenzie said Bergevin knew that if Therien didn't use Sekac in the reg season he definitely wouldn't use him in the playoffs @Hope_Smoke: McKenzie "Bergevin said he wanted to do more hockey deals [and not rentals] and that's what we saw today"
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 16:29:21)
I don't want Lupul at all. Think bigger MB. Essentially, the Habs window to win a cup starts next year when Gally is the bona fide number one center (Unless Therrien continues to Therrien), and ends at the end of Pacioretty's contract, And the team still needs a legit scoring RW for the top line. Lupul is not the answer
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 16:18:41)
Sekac was not a small player, and he didn't play soft. We gave up a big skilled forward that could skate and should have been in our top 6, for a bigger, less skilled, grinder. I'm sure DSP will be enjoyable to watch, but for a team that needs goals this a definite step backwards. This is Therrien running a good player out of town.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 13:16:44)
They're going to try Sekac next to Getzlaf and Perry, and he will explode.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-23 18:18:22)
Right, I was aware that things weren't looking good, but when I searched 2016 expected nhl salary, the only article I found was Bettmen estimating 73m. That article though was from December so I guess things have changed since then