Ass in TO, Heart in the Forum - (Larry Testa)Member since October 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-01 14:34:58)
Hey Surrey. Beat that thing. This place needs you. Hang tough!
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 17:18:50)
We often hear how much stronger the teams in the west are compared to the east. A little manual compilation of the record of the top 8 teams in the east against the top 8 teams in the west was revealing. The cumulative record to date is 71 wins for the east and 60 wins for the west. Boston (7-11), Mtl (7-8) and Tampa(9-10) are the east teams to have losing records against the top 8 western teams. The Rangers are the top team (11-4) This would seem to indicate that at the very least, the west is not as dominant as we're led to believe.
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 17:36:46)
Now there's some solid reasoning....
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Beaulieu playing with confidence (2015-02-23 09:29:41)
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-19 09:34:07)
Staple that boat anchor to the bench. "Hey Clement, vas chercher mon Black and Decker" -- MT
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-19 09:01:32)
My fear is that DD would still make a drop pass, go for a line change, and hope that the puck will still be there when Max's line came on.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-19 08:41:20)
Shoot Davey, shoot ffs! I find myself grumbling that far too often. When DD was moved to the 3rd line we were treated to some real howitzers. Now, that he's back on the 1st with Max, he gives up golden shooting opportunities to try to feed MP through 3 defenders. So it's clear to me what the problem is. It's Max. He's holding DD back. Bench Max, free DD. That's right, I said it!
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Senators preview: Tokarski, Pateryn, Sekac in lineup for Habs (2015-02-18 14:02:10)
Thanks for the heads up on the article Chris. When you mentioned that Max was aware of body image, I thought he might be a little shy to take his shirt off in front of the reporters. Turns out he meant body language and how that is picked up on by the public and his team mates. He sees it as important that he sends out the right message and to keep his head up even under adverse circumstances. That C is looking better and better for his sweater.
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-14 09:05:57)
So you think that Bush II was better? Enjoy your tea.
- Comment on Pacioretty-Desharnais reunited on first line at practice; de la Rose called back up from Hamilton (2015-02-06 08:39:24)
I have to turn him off when he gets into his swing instructor mode. Chamblee calls 'em as he'd like to see 'em, not as they are. His analysis of Tiger's swing is so off. He claims something is happening in the swing and then shows video that proves the opposite. His swing analysis has been debunked and derided by tons of qualified swing instructors. Tiger's swing is the target of TV analysts because he's the most popular/visible player out there, and everyone wants to know what's going on. Chamblee's glee at Tiger's withdrawl is because he thinks it lends credence to his opinion of all of its mechanical faults. Unfortunately Brandell doesn't have the understanding of biomechanics to know what aspect of the swing would cause injury.