Ass in TO, Heart in the Forum - (Larry Testa)Member since October 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1968
Favorite current player: Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-19 10:38:26)
I saw the Dogs OT and I have to say that I love 3 on 3. The extra room gives a distinct advantage to the better skating team. I think it will have an impact on make up of rosters. Carrying big slow skaters will take a spot away from a player who would be a real asset in OT. The NHL has shootouts for the excitement value it brings. I think 3 on 3 is far more exciting and generates even more scoring chances while still resembling a hockey game. I really hope it gets adopted by the NHL.
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 09:07:08)
Leaf fans complaining about calls/non-calls not going their way. Looked to me like Bozak dove. Prust's stick at Bozak's elbow and that caused his feet to fly out from under him? Really? Lupol snapping his head back as if he was high sticked by Markov was another bit of embellishment that went uncalled. Add in the offside goal and I don't see how Leaf fans can claim they got a raw deal.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Peter Budaj to Winnipeg Jets (2014-10-06 09:01:38)
Add something of worth to the conversation please Gumper. If UCE's comments are not to your taste, then keep scrolling. Many of us here, appreciate his posts.
- Comment on Habs wrap up preseason Saturday night vs. Senators (2014-10-04 15:14:40)
"9 million for a player who looks like he is having difficulty cracking the lineup" Puleeze!!
- Comment on Liveblog: The kids were alright in 3-1 win (2014-10-02 13:08:09)
My Bad. Looks like you're right and the Bs will use this approach. However, Marc Savard's salary will only net them $393,000 cap space. The minimum NHL salary is $550,000. Does this mean that they can't carry a full 23 man roster until later in the year when the prorated portion of the 23rd man's annual salary will be less than $393,000?
- Comment on Liveblog: The kids were alright in 3-1 win (2014-10-02 11:59:24)
After reading this explanation, it looks like the Bruins are really pooched. Capgeek shows that they are currently $3,634,143 over the cap. The players mentioned as possible dumpees are Mcquaid, Boychuk, Marchand and Seidenberg, but neither Mcquaid's nor Boychuk's salary are enough to cover the overage. So the other two are the only ones that can be moved to get under the cap, assuming that no salary comes back. They could also try to move more than one player for picks and bring up some cheap help from the farm. The schadenfreude is just too delicious.
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-10-01 08:56:07)
Surrey, you don't deserve this kind of attack. I think this Gumper played too many years without a mask.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 13:08:12)
Thoughtful and well written response as usual UCE.
- Comment on Martin Brodeur would take backup job with Habs if offered (2014-09-05 09:16:20)
HiS. We've bumped heads in the past, but I think I should acknowledge all your efforts in promoting the petition to get full coverage of the Habs season. I signed the petition to register my opinion while pessimistically thinking the corporate behemoth would not be moved and the petition would lead to nothing. How wrong I was. Bravo!
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 15:08:09)
Does anyone know whether RDS will rebroadcast all of the games on Canadiens Express? I never minded watching the games with all of the stoppages in play removed.