scuba - (Steven)Member since September 22, 2012
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Oleg Petrov
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can't tell if the Habs are great or terrible because sometimes they win and sometimes they lose.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 17:05:58)
You can still watch the world championships if you want to see these countries on a world stage. I always thought most people didn't like that tourney because the best players don't play. Now there is a tourney with all the best players and people want all the countries included. I feel like the name is the biggest problem because people immediately think of the soccer world cup and all the tradition and prestige that goes with it. This is just a fun tournament they made up last week. I just want to watch entertaining hockey.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 15:14:15)
Yeah I know I'm on the losing side of this debate. I've been arguing with my buddies sense it was first rumored. But Canada rarely takes kids under 23 to this tourney. Stamkos 4 years ago and Crosby 8 years ago. Canada's team likely will be the same give or take a player or two. I would think a 20 year old from Canada would be crazy pumped to play against Canada on a stage like this. Also I'm not sure why it would take away from pride in Canada if they beat better teams than they would in the old format. I want to see them play as many competitive games as possible because they are more fun. I think more people are hung up on the format than the hockey.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 15:03:52)
I'm just excited for entertaining hockey and am not sure why people are so upset over the format of a tournament that didn't even exist a month ago.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 15:00:46)
People seem pretty upset about the format of a tournament that hasn't been held in 11 years. It's not like they are stomping on some great tradition. If one of the all star teams wins it they win it. I just want to see entertaining hockey and I think this is one of the few good ideas the NHL has had in a long time. I just hope it can withstand the negative feed back.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 14:47:20)
They finally have a tourney with 8 competitive teams. A young stars team could be great or get run over but they will be fun to watch. MicKinnon, McDavid, Drouin, Eichel, Galchenyuk....Ekblad and Seth Jones on D. Sounds entertaining to me. The Olympic teams from 4 and 8 years ago left off Stamkos and Crosby. Be nice to see these guys on the big stage at a young age.
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-24 13:59:51)
I love it. I'll be excited to watch almost every game. Young stars will be 100 times more entertaining than watching Germany or Slovakia.
- Comment on Habs have best record in NHL after Saturday’s win over Avalanche (2014-10-20 11:53:15)
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 10:20:12)
Well now we have at least an idea of what Subban is after. Asking 8.5 for an RFA deal means he is looking for at least 9 and likely 10 on a long term deal. Be prepared for a 8 year 75Mil deal tomorrow.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-01 12:08:32)
Malholtra for White is fine I guess
- Comment on Gorges stunned by Habs’ desire to trade him, now waiting for next move (2014-07-01 12:06:36)
Malholtra to replace White I guess.