Jdub1515 - (Jamie Winterstern)Member since March 17, 2008
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: AK 27
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on About last night … (2013-05-08 14:01:28)
"In his postgame remarks, Therrien said the Canadiens didn’t retreat into a defensive shell for the third period....I dunno, it sure looked like vintage Jacques Martin lead-protection." Boone, you hit the nail on the head ... when will they learn with a small fast team, the best defense is offense? when????
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:55:01)
Montreal has done it twice in the past 5 years. Boston and Washington. We are the kings of comebacks.
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:50:48)
Is it just me, or does anyone else hold there breath when Tinordi plays the puck in the Defensive end. He reminds me of Patrick Traverse.
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:48:38)
I was quite clear. We are a transitional hockey team that thrives with offense. The decision to sit on 2 goal lead an play defensive Jacque Martin style hockey was our failure. The best defense for this generation of Montreal Canadiens is offense. We lost because we don't play to our strengths.
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:34:52)
Gallagher is captain material - i love that kid. Between him, Subban, Galchenyuk and Eller we have something special! Armstrong, Prust, Boullion is a step in the right direction in terms of power to protect. But we need more. I don't see any of the shady garbage MaxPac or Eller experienced done towards Boston.
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:29:39)
- Comment on Gionta’s season is over; Prust, White out for Game 5; Price listed as day-to-day (2013-05-08 13:29:01)
I could easily delve into how we are playing with house money and we should all be happy after finishing dead last in the league a year ago, to be playing in May this year ... but the fact is Montreal, (without their captain, without their brightest star in Eller) is still better than Ottawa and after outplaying the Sens in 3 of 4 games, we have every right to believe they can make this series interesting still. Boston or Pittsburgh, perhaps not, but Ottawa ... Why the habs decided to play JM hockey in the 3rd and sit on the lead is beyond me. When will they learn the best defense is offense, especially with a fast transition team like Montreal, it' sickening. Watch the moments preceding the first Ottawa goal - for 5 minutes we played our style of hockey and exploded with 6 shots and almost restored the 2 goal lead. 5'8 players aren't going to win puck battles in the D zone, but in transition they will fly and score at will as they did in period 2.
- Comment on Liveblog: Flyers at Canadiens (2013-04-15 21:21:17)
We needed White against the Leafs - just imagine the same hit on Kadri that punk... godbless white and hope for more messages in the playoffs - for the first time in decades the habs wont be regarded as smurfy wimps
- Comment on About last night … (2013-04-14 01:55:34)
I missed White and Armstrong tonight ... How Kadri can humiliate and board two of our star players and go untouched for 2 periods is beyond me - especially with Therrien behind the bench ... with the game out of reach all I saw was the Habs of seasons past ...soft and catatonic ... i don't mind losing 5-1 but to let the same team run your star players, now thats an embarrassment.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Bruins (2013-03-03 22:07:12)
Why are we sitting on the lead? We fired JM?!