plum - (Mason Power)Member since July 19, 2012
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Let’s get physical: Habs open training camp (2014-09-19 11:48:55)
In my opinion, it seems like there's not many modern teams with their unarguable best player as a winger: TOR - Kessel EDM - Hall WPG - Kane/Ladd/Wheeler WSH - Ovechkin (Although maybe a case can be made for Backstrom being their best player) I think that speaks for itself.
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 14:59:26)
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 13:51:54)
- Comment on Updated: Habs icon Jean Béliveau recovering from pneumonia (2014-09-08 08:08:58)
Some guy over at CBC thinks Pacioretty has one of the worst contracts.... http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-contracts-the-8-worst-for-canadian-teams-1.2757308
- Comment on Updated: Habs icon Jean Béliveau recovering from pneumonia (2014-09-08 07:25:20)
Adam Proteau of THN really wants people to believe (as he does) that Stamkos is gonna be a Leaf: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/weekend-odds-and-ends-stamkos-unsatisfactory-explanation-brodeur-in-montreal-and-young-ducks-goalies/
- Comment on New TV package aimed at Habs fans across country (2014-09-04 11:52:03)
So, for people outside the 'regional' area, they'll need either (a) NHL Gamecenter Live, or (b) NHL Centre Ice subscription. Where: (a) is free streaming until January 1st, 2015 (b) is $60 for those outside the 'regional' area
- Comment on New TV package aimed at Habs fans across country (2014-09-04 11:26:29)
Okay, so here's my understanding of all this: - (1) National televised Habs games: 40. This means everyone across Canada with standard cable package (ie CBC, Sportsnet, etc.) get at LEAST 40 habs games. - (2) Regional televised Habs games: 42. Regional telecasts apparently include all regions East of Belleville (this includes: Quebec, all Atlantic provinces, and the portion of Ontario east of Belleville). Standard cable package applies here as well. - (3) All provinces (and the portion of Ontario) West of Belleville will NOT receive Regional Habs games with standard cable. People in these areas will need either (a) NHL GameCenter Live, or (b) RDS subscription in order to watch the aforementioned 42 Regional games. I live in Newfoundland, so with my trusty standard cable package, I can watch all 82 Habs games this season, correct? Someone please correct me if I'm misinformed.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 14:43:15)
Jon Snow... Is that you?
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 14:40:45)
Leafs apparently hired Dwight Shrute: http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/57631-Maple-Leafs-hire-Brandon-Pridham-as-assistant-to-the-general-manager.html
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 06:51:16)
The Hockey News writers just ranked Calgary's flaming C logo as #19 on their NHL logo countdown. Personally, I would rank Calgary's logo in the top 10. Man, the comments section over there is almost as bad as tsn. Trying to read through and find any sensible comments is an exercise in futility.