HabsWin-nipeg - (Vic Geddert)Member since July 3, 2012
Habs fan since: as long as I can remember (1970)
Favorite current player: Hard to choose
All-time favorite player: Lafleur
- Comment on Pat Hickey: Habs don’t need Evander Kane (2015-02-06 17:58:44)
Still lots of talk about Kane and Montreal on this site. Be careful what you wish for. Kane has been treated with kid gloves in Atlanta and now in Winnipeg. When he has been pushed, he always pushes back. He doesn't receive discipline/correction well. He openly defied Claude Noel last year. He petulantly left the team when he was called out for not following NHL/team rules. Is he talented - absolutely. Is he tough - he's a great fighter and plays through injury. Is he dedicated - he comes to play every night. Is he a team player - only as long as nobody crosses him. He has consistently shown that he won't bow the will of anyone else if he disagrees. It's one thing to think for/be yourself (see PK) but to openly defy coach/team structure doesn't work. Will he mature - maybe, but he's given no indication so far that he will. As much as I like what Kane brings to the table, I can't see him as a fit for what MB/MT are building. It would only be a matter of time before he ran afoul of management in some way, and then it would be a huge distraction.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-24 10:28:35)
Carey Price: GAA 2.23 8th overall 5th for goalies with at least 20 games SV% .926 7th overall 4th for goalies with at least 20 games He's in that "making it all look easy" zone. Merry Christmas all.
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-17 16:50:35)
CP last 10 games (as near as I can figure): GAA 1.91 SV% .940
- Comment on Saku Koivu expects ‘awesome, emotional’ Bell Centre tribute (2014-12-17 16:08:17)
CP has quietly risen to 11th in both GAA and SV%. If you count only goalies with 20+ games he's 8th in GAA and 6th in SV%.
- Comment on Mike Weaver will return to Habs lineup vs. Blackhawks, while Bryan Allen is healthy scratch (2014-12-05 17:37:15)
But I hear he is ours...
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 14:14:27)
Just a Habs Fan: My response to you below at 1:28pm was composed in a certain amount of annoyance. While I attempted to remain civil, I'm sure that came through, and I have been regretting it ever since - I am not a fan of back and forth "tit for tat" type of responses. In the end, we are all "just a Habs fan". So my friend, my apologies. In rethinking what I could have said, it would be this: "The Milan Lucic of a few years ago - the honest, fearless and hard working power forward - I would gladly welcome on the Habs. Milan Lucic as he plays today (in my opinion a dirty player) I would not want on the Habs.
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 13:28:57)
I was simply stating how I feel about Lucic. As per your thoughts that I would respect Lucic if he was a Hab, a) I highly doubt Marc Bergivin would even attempt to acquire him as he has spoken often about players with character, which Lucic appears to lack and b) I would be highly disappointed if they did acquire him. I for one applaud the idea of building a team around character. To answer any accusations about homerism, I dislike when PK slew foots his opponents or when Gallagher embellishes when he is interfered with. If Lucic were a Hab and played the way he does, I would be calling for them to trade him. I can't comment on him as a regular human being, but as a player I have no respect for him. Not that it matters to him...or really anyone else. It's simply my opinion.
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 12:49:51)
(Man I could watch that video everyday)
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 12:48:46)
He's actually become a "one punch" line.
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 12:16:31)
I'm also amazed that he called Dalton Prout "gutless" for one punching him the other day when he wasn't ready, when you consider the stuff he does in this video.