unclefester - ( )Member since July 2, 2012
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 12:30:48)
Now that's a shocker. Living in London, we see every game, home and away, through Rogers local community t.v. Every game. And if McCarron is ready for the A.H.L. I'll eat my hat. That is not going to happen. Too much work to do...
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-20 18:59:46)
I agree. Dvorak has one great set of wheels. If healthy= very good player...
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-20 18:56:04)
Tuesday night, September 23rd, at the Bell Centre. The opposition??....the Boston Bruins....No biggie?? Really??
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-06 16:38:29)
That will NEVER happen. Those two guys are so entrenched with the team... lining up with all the former living captains, team ambassadors blah blah etc. etc. that they would never risk the cold shoulder from management and then being on the outside looking in.
- Comment on NHL fines Bruins’ Thornton for spraying water at Habs’ Subban (2014-05-11 22:07:58)
Yes....I noticed Vaneks chapeau too. I thought exactly what you thought when I saw it. Small potatoes maybe but he is not exactly sending a "vote of confidence" by doing that IMHO...
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nothing beats Habs vs. Bruins (2014-05-07 23:04:03)
With game 4 looming I am another hab fan who thinks the Bruins are going to be dropping bombs, or at least trying to. To that end I'm curious...is there a penalty for "intent to injure"?? Is that on the books?? And congrats to Dick Irvin for receiving the order of Canada. I interviewed with him for a radio job back around 1980 at CFCF.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 3: Canadiens win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-06 23:29:43)
If you think about it....still waiting for the Bruins to score a nice goal. Hope to wait a lot longer...
- Comment on No lineup changes for Habs in Game 2 (2014-04-18 16:52:33)
I wonder just how much Rick Dudley is responsible for what you've just written HardHabits. Just wondering...
- Comment on No lineup changes for Habs in Game 2 (2014-04-18 16:50:43)
Very good question CJ. May I piggyback on your thread and expand by adding the following?? Is there any team you absolutely cheer against 24/7. For me it's the Leafs. Doesn't matter who their opponent is. They're getting my full support when playing against Toronto. Thanks CJ
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-06 22:48:40)
You're right Chris. McCarron has lots of room to improve but he has made noticeable strides. And he's getting better slowly but surely. He shows the odd flash of some "soft hands" around the net, as he did in scoring a goal in tight against Windsor in the opening series of these playoffs. A really nice effort. But McCarron would be the first to tell you he found out he was WAY BEHIND in his development when he arrived in London last September. He's on the rise for sure. But patience is the key. Dale Hunter rolled three line against Guelph tonight with the Knights 4th line only getting two or three shifts towards the end of the game. So McCarron is seeing regular active service at centre, and has the trust of his coaches. But it is clear, he'll be back in London next season. He needs more seasoning and next year will give us all a much clearer picture of what Michael McCarron will truly be. I'm pulling for him. London hosts the Memorial Cup and you can all feast your eyes in May.