FransaskoisMember since July 1, 2012
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Maurice Richard
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-06 09:27:08)
Did I not say Tokarski would impress? Say hello to your next back up or semi-valuable trade chip.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 19:28:23)
Tokarski gets the start because Budaj is resting after playing many more games than he's used to in such a short span. He's got excellent numbers in the AHL and was on the AHL all-star team. I'm not sure why they are choosing to keep Dubnyk in Hamilton, not sure he's much better than Tokarski at the moment though.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 18:59:27)
I've been watching him since junior and I've known him nearly as long. You don't consistently post near or above a .920 two years in a row in the AHL by being a scrub! :) I think it's pretty reasonable to expect he could be taking over for Budaj in the next couple of years.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 18:48:59)
Very excited for Tokarski to start, I'm sure he'll impress.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 63 – Road trip begins with 2-1 loss in L.A. (2014-03-03 19:48:13)
Having talked with a friend close to the situation, it looks like Tim Bozon could potentially be going in for surgery in the next little while and his condition is quite serious. If you're religious, pray for him, and if you're not, send out your positive vibes. Hopefully everything goes smoothly, this is never a good situation.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 62 – Canadiens blow lead but beat Leafs in OT (2014-03-01 20:53:54)
His first shift off of the 4th line was immediately after I posted .... if my eyes are still good :D
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 62 – Canadiens blow lead but beat Leafs in OT (2014-03-01 20:52:48)
As difficult as I find it not to put the onus on the players to perform (it's too easy to blame the coach), I think it's pretty obvious that the poor utilization of some key players and the obvious issues with the system Therrien has attempted to implement are causing this team to under-perform. I'm pretty sick of it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 62 – Canadiens blow lead but beat Leafs in OT (2014-03-01 20:42:55)
I'm very disappointed with Briere's use this year. It's pretty obvious he's still got some offensive abilities left in the tank, just about every time he's given quality ice time with good line mates, he produces. 2g 1a last game..... so he's rewarded with no OT in that game and 4th line duties for this one? What a joke. I get that some posters still have some bad blood because of his FA snubbing and his size but seriously, as a veteran star player, he deserves more respect and more responsibility than this. We need offence and we are not getting that by having Gionta in our top-6.
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-03-01 14:39:59)
I'd agree, this group of Habs always seems to play a little more comfortably away from home. Three games in four nights is a lot for a goalie generally accustomed to playing very little through the year.
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-03-01 14:30:23)
Crossing my fingers for Tokarski to get some playing time. Nice guy and a great goalie hailing from my own neck-o'-the-woods. It was -50C today with the wind so I've got absolutely no reason to leave the house.... guess I'll spend it with my beer (it's actually Diet Pepsi), my Habs, and my buddies at HIO. CHeers, all!