habsinthegap - (Bill Salloum)Member since July 1, 2012
Habs fan since: 1967
Favorite current player: Josh Georges
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-27 13:12:29)
I think the word you're looking for is "embellishing".
- Comment on About last night … (2013-03-03 15:45:44)
Also had a great time watching Prust's hustle on forecheck and backcheck. The guy never lets up.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-03-03 15:44:08)
- Comment on Game on! Tentative deal reached to end lockout (2013-01-06 15:48:21)
I grew up watching HNIC every Saturday night during the 60's when most of my family were Leafs fans, sprinkled with the occasional Habs fan. You had to be one or the other in my family because they were the only Canadian-based teams. In 1967 I was 8 years old and one of my brothers was putting pressure on me to decide on one team or the other. I still remember lying in my bed, listening to the final game of the cup final on CBC radio (wow there's a throwback eh?). When the final buzzer sounded, and the Leafs had won, I was surprised at how upset I was. I realized then I was deep down already a Habs fan, and have been so ever since. Kind of a good move, when you consider the two teams' respective histories since that historic night.
- Comment on Game on! Tentative deal reached to end lockout (2013-01-06 15:30:27)
I claim to be angry, fed up with how we fans have been treated by both sides, and don't care that the NHL is back ... And yet here I am, reading every single post ...
- Comment on Audio: Price signs for six years, $39 million (2012-07-02 17:58:13)
Quick's extension is 58mil over 10 years for an all-star, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup winner. Carey did well on this contract ... One could even say over-Priced. :) Still, I'm glad he is signed and for a longer term. Christopher I don't get what you're saying about Carey's working out to less than Quick's. Could you explain it for my thick skull please? ... Oooohh never mind I missed your 7x7 comment. Gotcha, and good point.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust (2012-07-01 18:19:55)
I like the Bouillon signing for the character and leadership he brings along with the low dollar cost. Souray still has a heavy shot but I think Bouillon has always played a bigger game despite their size differential. Good short-term pickup for the Habs.