habsinthegap - (Bill Salloum)Member since July 1, 2012
Habs fan since: 1967
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Canadiens send Jarred Tinordi down to Hamilton, try new look on power play (2014-11-12 13:23:51)
Completely off-topic, former Saskatoon Blade Nikita Sherbak was in Saskatoon last night as part of the Russian vs WHL Subway Super Series. He discussed how he's working on becoming NHL-ready in the following story: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/hockey/blades-hockey/Offence+Scherbak+only+ticket/10373511/story.html
- Comment on Dustin Tokarski gets start for Habs against Oilers (2014-10-27 20:58:44)
Here's a great quote on the Habs from Dallas Eakins, on NHL.com: ""The other thing that is impressive with Montreal is their tenacity in the red zone [front of the net]. When pucks go to the net, they're not a huge team, but they're like a bunch of wild dogs after a piece of meat in there. They're in there scrapping for those pucks and it's impressive because they're fearless with their size. It just goes to show you, you don't have to be big to play the game. You just have to have a little bit of courage and a little bit of confidence." I especially loved the "bunch of wild dogs" part.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Finding Tinordi (2014-10-05 12:13:32)
And we could always whine about the fact that it's spelled "whining", not "whinning" ;) Unless, of course, it was meant as an atrocious pun, merging "winning" and "whining" into a new word for the Habs lexicon.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Finding Tinordi (2014-10-05 12:04:48)
- Comment on Habs prospects Thomas, de la Rose, Dietz will get another look against Senators (2014-10-03 14:00:38)
1. Utter nonsense 2. Bourque 3. It's a continuum, not an either/or, and will vary from player to player and from one season to the next depending on the state of the farm and parent team, the player's age, character, experience, etc. 4. Pateryn 5. Bournival
- Comment on Manny Malhotra set for Habs debut vs. Avalanche (with Patrick Roy video) (2014-09-25 14:41:52)
My only RDS feed is the regular non-HD one, and it was blacked out. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure not going to pay more than what I'm already paying, just to avoid blackouts. What a scam.
- Comment on Manny Malhotra set for Habs debut vs. Avalanche (with Patrick Roy video) (2014-09-25 14:32:30)
I'm in Saskatoon, on SaskTel Max. I went to RDS to watch Tuesday's game against Boston and it was blacked out. Actually all games on all SN channels were blacked out too, except SJ vs Van, which I couldn't bring myself to watch. I know it's only pre-season but if this is the kind of coverage I can expect, it's a huge step backwards.
- Comment on Habs will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 on Nov. 8 at Bell Centre (2014-09-12 15:48:12)
Only the Savardian Spin-o-Rama works for me.
- Comment on Habs will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 on Nov. 8 at Bell Centre (2014-09-12 15:39:38)
Maybe the league should buy the rights to the HNIC theme and play that before every puck drop across the league.
- Comment on Habs will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 on Nov. 8 at Bell Centre (2014-09-12 15:37:12)
I thought the story we'd been given before is that it's the league which mandates blackouts, not the carriers, according to team territories.