mksness - (Michael)Member since June 27, 2012
Habs fan since: 1981
Favorite current player: crosby
All-time favorite player: Roy
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-25 08:10:58)
if is a big question. you can't disappear offensively for 60 games at a time though either. would be neat to compare his zone starts and competition comparisons in the playoffs to get more insight into why he produced in the playoffs.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-25 08:07:54)
he's the best 30 point per season player in the league and we have him!!!! sarcasm.... this is not a knock on eller by the way just a knock on all the people who think he'll turn into a better version of pleks
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-25 08:05:57)
mediocre last summer? murray, briere i think could and should be considered horrible moves. callahanand dubinsky have put up 50 point seasons. so calm down with eller being as good as them. he's alright but drop the potential on eller already. MB hasn't done a great job this summer. what has he done? team is marginally better and alot of goals from last year haven't been replaced. a lot of hope is being put on the young kids to replace gionata, vanek and briere's production. this team is the same. they'll go were the powerplay and carey price take them. either one goes into a slump and they'll struggle.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 19:42:32)
looks like 3rd line centers make 3.5 now. as for his potential, i think eller is what his play shows he is. responsible defensively, good for 15 goals a season maybe 40 points. contract makes sense
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 07:49:07)
so here's a fun question. how much would PK be worth as a UFA? what kinda of stupid money could he get in the event he continues to play the same way with no injuries. if i'm i'm PK i would sign my version of a bridge deal if the contract talks weren't in the 9-10m a year range
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 20:08:23)
halak and price statistically aren't that different. edge goes to price; i also think price made a huge commitment to being in better shape this year and the goalie coach might have helped him a bit with playing further out of his net.
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 20:05:24)
even if you lose toker for nothing. you'll eventually lose him because i don't think he'll want to be a back up. budaj knows his role. doesn't really matter. backups good or bad usually don't fetch much for one in a trade and the habs are set in goal for a while with price
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 19:59:52)
eller a playoff performer? it was one playoff. kinda like the hot streak he had at the begining of the season. he'll get 2.25 a year no more. kinda like the krieder deal. further more eller is in a position that in the playoffs it will be his time to shine as teams will most likely load up their best defensive assets against our #2a and 2b lines ( we don't have a real #1 line). i wouldn't be against signing him for 5years at 15million though. get cost certainty and as some have said not all that bad of a deal for a 3rd line center regardless of the name. the other thing is i heard some sports talk radio claiming the teams are far apart from what they both submitted in the arbitration hearing. might not be as far apart from making an actual deal. just the habs will want to go low and eller high with the hopes of meeting in the middle
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 21:33:29)
well i think malkin is better than PK and letang better than pleks. so try to see it from that point of view. as for the rumour itself, i doubt anything this big will ever happen in the NHL. especially after the draft
- Comment on Subban and Eller file for salary arbitration (2014-07-07 07:46:35)
well going to arbitration means an agreement will be forced on them if they can't come to an agreement.