EnemyTerritory - (Mouli)Member since June 22, 2012
Habs fan since: 1977
Favorite current player: MaxPac
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-28 23:22:57)
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-28 23:19:01)
In a hypothetical LA - Montreal SCF, who gets home ice advantage? (Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.)
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-28 23:17:50)
Umm .. last year?
- Comment on Weary Habs get day off after loss in Phoenix (2014-03-07 17:02:40)
I am not sure that I buy the Thomas Vanek - Michael Ryder equivalency arguments I have been reading on HIO. Although both were/are UFAs after the season in which they were acquired, in the case of Ryder - MB was able to shed Erik Cole's large multi-year contract and create important cap space. Hence it wasn't a "give up prospects/draft choices for a rental." (In fact I think we also received a 3rd rounder.) IMHO, that was a very strong trade by MB and had little to do with getting a rental for the playoffs. I am thrilled to get Vanek, and there are times when you need to push your chips onto the table. I personally have faith in MB's talent evaluation - both of our Habs and the other Eastern Conference players. With a few breaks and a some top-flight goal-tending this team could very well be in ECF or Finals. I plan on enjoying the ride! PS - Counting down the days to March 24th. Have the Corporate Box for the Bruins-Habs game! Yes!
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 16:06:22)
Weird. Thanks guys.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:57:03)
Does anybody know what the the "conditions" are on the conditional 5th and 2nd?
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 17:55:27)
Personally I see the trade for Weaver for what it is - a minor move by MB that should afford him some additional flexibility to move other defense assets. That said, either way, it is a relatively *minor* trade. On the other hand, what Mike Gillis is doing to Vancouver is beyond puzzling. He has clearly mishandled his assets and has taken a team that was one win away from a Cup and reduced it to a circus. I feel for the fans out there.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 21:36:51)
It's never been so quiet here at the Garden. Kind of eerie. And I love it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 21:17:55)
Very quiet here at TD Garden!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 50 – Penguins chase Price, rout Canadiens 5-1 (2014-01-22 17:01:05)
Emelin is struggling ... no question; and in my humble opinion deserves to ride the bench for a game (or perhaps more.) But it is curious that MT has chosen this game ... against the best team in the East no less ... to bench two top 5 defensemen. He is either much, much smarter than I am; or much much dumber.