EnemyTerritory - (Mouli)Member since June 22, 2012
Habs fan since: 1977
Favorite current player: MaxPac
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden
- Comment on Weary Habs get day off after loss in Phoenix (2014-03-07 17:02:40)
I am not sure that I buy the Thomas Vanek - Michael Ryder equivalency arguments I have been reading on HIO. Although both were/are UFAs after the season in which they were acquired, in the case of Ryder - MB was able to shed Erik Cole's large multi-year contract and create important cap space. Hence it wasn't a "give up prospects/draft choices for a rental." (In fact I think we also received a 3rd rounder.) IMHO, that was a very strong trade by MB and had little to do with getting a rental for the playoffs. I am thrilled to get Vanek, and there are times when you need to push your chips onto the table. I personally have faith in MB's talent evaluation - both of our Habs and the other Eastern Conference players. With a few breaks and a some top-flight goal-tending this team could very well be in ECF or Finals. I plan on enjoying the ride! PS - Counting down the days to March 24th. Have the Corporate Box for the Bruins-Habs game! Yes!
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 16:06:22)
Weird. Thanks guys.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:57:03)
Does anybody know what the the "conditions" are on the conditional 5th and 2nd?
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 17:55:27)
Personally I see the trade for Weaver for what it is - a minor move by MB that should afford him some additional flexibility to move other defense assets. That said, either way, it is a relatively *minor* trade. On the other hand, what Mike Gillis is doing to Vancouver is beyond puzzling. He has clearly mishandled his assets and has taken a team that was one win away from a Cup and reduced it to a circus. I feel for the fans out there.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 21:36:51)
It's never been so quiet here at the Garden. Kind of eerie. And I love it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 21:17:55)
Very quiet here at TD Garden!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 50 – Penguins chase Price, rout Canadiens 5-1 (2014-01-22 17:01:05)
Emelin is struggling ... no question; and in my humble opinion deserves to ride the bench for a game (or perhaps more.) But it is curious that MT has chosen this game ... against the best team in the East no less ... to bench two top 5 defensemen. He is either much, much smarter than I am; or much much dumber.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban, Price headed to Sochi; Galchenyuk has broken hand (2014-01-07 15:45:57)
I think Koivu retracted his name as he felt there were deserving players and didn't want to put the management in a difficult spot.
- Comment on Habs return home on winning note (2014-01-03 17:24:37)
True, but Burke could make those selections and voice his opinions with a modicum of class. Poile, Lavoilette, Lombardi et al ... do so (per the Burnside article) without lowering the debate to schoolyard nonsense. In my humble opinion, that type of language (he can't spell intensity etc ...) does require an apology. He might be sorry it came out; but he should be sorry that he said it at all. Just my $0.02 worth.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-03 15:37:12)
I just voted Yes! :-)