TaxGuy - (Wayne Geddert)Member since June 21, 2012
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Habs’ Bergevin beaten out for NHL’s GM of the Year Award (2014-06-24 22:50:37)
A while back, MB said something to the effect, " Our younger players need to force their way onto the team like Gally and Chucky did". I think this is the right approach. Our young defencemen need to arrive at training camp this year prepared to force their way onto the team. If they do, MB will be in a position to make a move to improve the team in another area, but until they do, I think MB is right to sign AM and hold onto his experienced defencemen.
- Comment on The Kings of the NHL (2014-06-14 01:53:33)
Probably the fact that they have more of most of these things than we do.
- Comment on The Kings of the NHL (2014-06-14 01:47:11)
I was actually hoping for the Rangers even though they beat us. There's something about this Kings team I don't like.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-14 01:25:57)
Not sure Chucky is ready for the defensive responsibilities of the centre position, although he should be there at some point.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-14 01:22:01)
I don't think there is a kid to replace Gionta. Neither Tinordi nor Beaulieu have shown they are ready for top 4 minutes yet. We would probably take a step back, at least in the short term, if we let Markov go. This wouldn't be the end of the world, but I prefer the slow, steady approach. I think MB does too.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-13 22:49:23)
So it appears that MB is going to try to sign AM and BG. If he is successful, it would leave us with more or less the same team as last year. I'm actually ok with this. Here's how I'm seeing next year. Patches DD Gally Chucky Eller Bourque Bournival Plecks Gionta Prust Briere Weise Moen White Gorges PK Markov Emelin Tin/Beau Weaver Pateryn Drewiske Price Tokarski This is not a perfect team, of course, and if Bourque and Eller revert to last year's form we could have problems, but I think this line up makes the playoffs and can win a round or 2 like this year. This would be a good result considering where we were a few years ago. The 4th line, spares and Bournival can be mixed and matched depending on the opposition. If Tinordi or Beaulieu show that they can handle top 4 minutes, Gorges or Emelin could be used in a trade to improve the top 9 if possible or build for the future. Meanwhile, our recently drafted forward prospects will be developing in Hamilton and MB's plan to build a mature, consistently good team continues to develop.
- Comment on Prust set to return to Habs’ lineup (2013-11-13 12:50:18)
Who sits for Prust?
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-11 17:06:43)
It would be interesting to see how that works. I would lean towards more size and grit for a 4th line centre.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-11 16:55:38)
Naaah. Thought about it, but too pricey.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-11 16:40:35)
Yeah, I like that too