TaxGuy - (Wayne Geddert)Member since June 21, 2012
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Bozon scores goal in Habs’ rookie scrimmage (2014-09-14 21:54:57)
I'm a 40 year Patriots fan. Feeling much better today.
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 21:35:10)
Very true. MB has done a great job building depth throughout the lineup. Eventually, however, capable NHLers get tired of being depth players. I don't think that time has arrived but it's interesting to think about the possibilities when it does. I was thinking Emelin would eventually be the odd man out but I see he has a full NTC for the next 2 years. That complicates things.
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 21:22:54)
I could see things going this way this year. Next year it may be tougher.
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 18:29:36)
Ok. I think we can safely say that Markov isn't moving over. That would leave Beaulieu.
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 18:26:57)
Agreed for this year but the potential problem still remains. These 4 players should all be taking a regular shift soon.
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 18:20:10)
I guess my question would be, "Are any of the left shooting defencemen we currently have able to play RD effectively"?
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 18:10:55)
At some point in the near future (maybe this year) we will have 4 left shooting defencemen who need to play full time. Markov, Emelin, Beaulieu and Tinordi. As I see it, there are only 2 possible solutions to this. We either play one on his off-side or trade one. Thoughts?
- Comment on Habs’ first-round pick McCarron in better shape this season (2014-09-14 15:04:38)
If Beaulieu and Tinordi both make it, I think Emelin and his $4M cap hit could be traded, no?
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 17:05:17)
So here's a thought re. Bouillon's presence at training camp. Maybe GMMB is considering a trade involving Alexei Emelin. This would make some sense to me if Beaulieu and Tinordi demonstrate in camp that they are ready for regular duty. If they are, I could see MB trying to move Emelin and his $4M cap hit. Bouillon then becomes an experienced and inexpensive 7th D.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-11 22:11:33)
Agreed. Not sure if Sekac will make the team out of camp though. I see him in a battle with Bournival for a 3rd line spot. I think we have 12 legitimate NHL'ers in our forward ranks and for the first time in a while, we can look forward to line combinations which maximize our strengths rather than minimize our weaknesses. We also have depth with forwards like Sekac, Moen, DLR and Andrighetto waiting in the wings. I also agree on Gilbert. I think this signing will be impactful in many ways. He's a better RD then Emelin. Emelin is a better LD than RD. Markov is better playing with PK or Gilbert than he was with Emelin. PK is better playing with Markov or Emelin than he was with Gorges. So I see potential for a dramatic improvement on D and I haven't even mentioned what Beaulieu and Tinordi bring.