DDO_Habs_FanMember since June 17, 2012
Habs fan since: forever
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Chris Chelios
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-27 14:05:59)
PK held out last time and people think this was going to be an easy negotiation? PK's agent will not agree to a deal until he has squeezed every possible $ out of the Habs which he is supposed to do. The only way a deal could have been done early if the Habs bent over like the Hawks did with Toews/Kane. That was never going to happen here because the Habs have a GM who as well tries to squeeze the best out of each situation. Just wait and see...
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-26 11:25:07)
If you got points for fighting, I would agree with you. BizNasty has an excellent sense of humour and would fit perfectly as the 13-14th forward who hardly plays. It is impossible to find an enforcer who can play now so MB will have to settle for something less.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-26 11:16:45)
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 19:59:55)
Another excellent move by MB this summer. For example, how much better than Eller are Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky who are both making almost 6 million? Eller's contract is an excellent value. After a mediocre summer last year, MB has come back strong. All he has to do now is sign PK, dump Moen and bring in an enforcer.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 18:08:57)
It depends where you want to play them. Neither are 1st line centers for starters. DD sucks defensively but can clearly put up better assist numbers than Eller so he's probably more as a second line center. DD would be worthless on the 3rd or 4th line where Eller has shown he can excel (playoffs) with his stronger two-way and physical play. I don't know why people compare them as they fill different roles on the team. Eller compared to Pleks or DD compared to Chucky would be more appropriate.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 21:46:08)
Usually finishing "one-under" is good. Anyways, DD was always better at mini putt....
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:52:14)
I guess he now realizes love means zero to a tennis player...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:33:52)
Picture of Ovechkin looking like a goblin with his hot blonde fiancee and a title above the picture on how she just dumped him...brutal. Let the one-liners begin...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:26:56)
I thought it was the Habs who gambled and lost...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:25:05)
If Fayne and Pouliot are "top targets" for your team...you need a better GM.