DDO_Habs_FanMember since June 17, 2012
Habs fan since: forever
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Chris Chelios
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 18:08:57)
It depends where you want to play them. Neither are 1st line centers for starters. DD sucks defensively but can clearly put up better assist numbers than Eller so he's probably more as a second line center. DD would be worthless on the 3rd or 4th line where Eller has shown he can excel (playoffs) with his stronger two-way and physical play. I don't know why people compare them as they fill different roles on the team. Eller compared to Pleks or DD compared to Chucky would be more appropriate.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 21:46:08)
Usually finishing "one-under" is good. Anyways, DD was always better at mini putt....
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:52:14)
I guess he now realizes love means zero to a tennis player...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:33:52)
Picture of Ovechkin looking like a goblin with his hot blonde fiancee and a title above the picture on how she just dumped him...brutal. Let the one-liners begin...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:26:56)
I thought it was the Habs who gambled and lost...
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:25:05)
If Fayne and Pouliot are "top targets" for your team...you need a better GM.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-20 09:39:35)
Everybody is focused on moving Chucky to center when the focus should be to get him scoring first. Everyone says the Habs need a scoring winger. They have one already in Chucky. He is "hands-down" the most offensively gifted player on the team. There is plenty of time for him to move to center. The Habs need to unleash his scoring ability first before placing the extra responsibilities of being a center.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 22:05:44)
If he doesn't go to Florida, I will be shocked. Who would not want to play with their brother? Plus it's Florida...a young team, great weather, low stress, low taxes...etc. No brainer...
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 19:17:05)
He's not technically wrong but he's ignoring the most important role of a GM nowadays: managing the salary cap. The guys that were dumped were not value at their salaries. There is only one reason why Gorges was dealt only for a 2nd rounder...his perceived bad contract amongst GMs. MB did what he had to do to allocate his funds correctly to those who have the most effect on the team's success (Markov, PK Price, etc.). These moves will allow the Habs to stay competitive and be able to play their younger stars down the road.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 14:40:18)
Chicago would take Pleks tomorrow and they are the 2nd best team in the league. Unless the Habs believe Eller and Malhotra can fill in for Pleks' defensive responsibilities, I can not see him getting traded. Maybe having Chucky play with him and learn the center position is not a bad thing after all.