knob - (Jason C.)Member since June 5, 2012
Habs fan since: 1825
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Vanek set to make Habs debut in Phoenix; Gorges returns to Montreal (2014-03-06 13:12:39)
I honestly think that it might be better for Therrien to designate Plex as the shut down line on a go forward basis instead of flipping the LW with Moen in the third. Vanek-Galchenyuk-Briere is instantly the most dangerous line. Put Eller with Plex and Gio to check the other teams top lines.
- Comment on Vanek set to make Habs debut in Phoenix; Gorges returns to Montreal (2014-03-06 13:06:58)
I agree with you that Bournival was pretty good with Pleks and Gio...still don't understand why that line was changed. With all forwards healthy, we would have 16 guys and would need to get down to 14. Bournival (I am only assuming that he is on a 2-way contract) would be the easiest guy to assign to the Bull Dogs
- Comment on Vanek set to make Habs debut in Phoenix; Gorges returns to Montreal (2014-03-06 12:51:48)
If this is the case then I hope management does not resign Gionta to the same term as Callaghan is looking for.
- Comment on Vanek set to make Habs debut in Phoenix; Gorges returns to Montreal (2014-03-06 12:48:16)
One game into the Vanek era and Vanek was invisible last night...just kidding lol I was pro trading Markov and Gionta for assets but after watching what the market was yielding yesterday I'm happy that Markov and Gionta are still Habs. Markov would have gotten us a couple of thirds and Gionta a 5th...might as well just keep them. With Vanek in the mix I think that this team could do some damage. When all forwards are healthy, I am assuiming that Bournival is sent to the minors and Parros is run through waivers to get within the roster limitations. I am hoping that Therrien doesn't dress too many fourth line guys. I don't want to see Prust on the third line so that Moen, White, and Weisse can all play.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 16:54:17)
I don't get the Dubnyk move. Did MB seriously aquire Vanek so that MT can sit Eller and so that Colberg can play on another team? If Montreal doesn't make the third round or resign Vanek this will be a step backwards in my opinion. With that said, Vanek may score more points during the balance of the season then Colberg scores in his entire EDIT (season TO CAREER) so who knows. I hope to see Eller back in the line-up Thursday but maybe he will be claimed off waivers on his way to Hamilton.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-05 11:13:54)
PA Parenteau would be a bad move, unless we are moving a soft winger
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-02-28 15:42:51)
I support this statement
- Comment on No changes expected to Habs lineup against Leafs (2014-02-28 13:54:51)
Does anyone know what the time line on Prust's return is?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-28 10:43:58)
You know the arguments so I am assuming that you are just stirring the pot.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-28 10:26:48)
Line-up B but I am almost to the point where I will concede that Line-up B will never exist. Too bad to because Eller would slot in as a good long-term option for line 2 or line 3. What I relly think will happen (within the next 2 years) is that you will see Line-up C: Galchenyuk- Desharnais-Bournival. Too bad that this is a weak trio of centres.