knob - (Jason C.)Member since June 5, 2012
Habs fan since: 1825
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 16:51:00)
Couldn't agree more MR. Down the middle: Glachenyuk (1)(PP1), Eller (2)(PP2), Plekanec (3)(PK1), Maholtra (4)(PK4)
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 16:41:04)
I wouldn't even say that Parros or Murray were mistakes. They served a purpose and were cheap. Briere didn't work out but only because is was more of what they didn't need.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 16:32:44)
Either sign a goon or let the young guys compete for the last spot.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 16:21:23)
With some of the GMs this club has had, it is quite difficult to trust any GM. MB is doing a pretty good job though and is certainly creating faith in me. I am hoping that once Subban is signed, he leaves spots open for the young guys to compete. No more vets.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 16:13:56)
I'll give him a Desharnais jersey and Therrien hat lol.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 16:06:13)
Very appropriate deal. Good job MB and sorry for the wavering faith. Happy to see Larry stick around.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 15:55:42)
For the past decade fans have been clamouring for a centre with size that can play a 200 foot game and score points. Eller is that guy. He is better than Desharnais, regardless of the numbers. Desharnais is the token "hometown boy" and as a result is given all the opportunites possible to succeed. Let me say this: Galchenyuk should be playing on the top line; Eller should be on the second line; and Plekanec should be on the third line. It is time to get over the love affair with the token hometown boy and move this francise forward. MB: Stop screwing around with players and get this guy and Subban signed and signed at fair deals.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:43:55)
I agree that 3.1 is high. Maybe they will settle halfway at 2.4, which would be a fair deal.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:40:00)
I get that MB can't be "Santa Claus" but seriously, MB can do a little bit better than 1.65. Eller is a solid player and will contribute in otherways than putting up points.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:32:48)
I get that there is a big difference between RFA and UFA and who holds leverage in each respective camp. Here is the problem, as I see it anyways: players that get low-balled and forced into an arbitration process will likely lose any desire to continue with their current club. If I'm Eller and MB submits that offer...I go to arbitration, sign the resulting deal and when I'm an UFA I say smell you later.