ianism - (Ianism)Member since April 23, 2012
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 11:37:49)
not a surprise. we forget that while our societies have a long way to go on respect towards women, there are other cultures around the world that are even farther off
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-14 00:09:25)
as far as i'm concerned, a drubbing every now and then is a good thing. the habs had scraped out 3 wins in 3 and probably didn't deserve 1 or 2 of them. this is a wakeup call. sure, i'm not saying they won't have a few more bad games over the next 78, but they'll win some too :)
- Comment on Drop the puck! Canadiens set to open season in Toronto (2014-10-08 17:34:20)
- Comment on Habs make Jacob de la Rose their final cut before season opener (2014-10-07 17:00:04)
shows you how good the west is, eh?
- Comment on Let’s get physical: Habs open training camp (2014-09-18 19:52:35)
oh man, haven't done the beep test in a decade. it's definitely tough - didn't think it was still used, much less by professional athletes hah
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-30 03:28:18)
depressing that mtl is the only canadian team in the top 17. 10/11 years ago 4 out of 6 were making the playoffs and the other two were 9th/10th in their conference. toronto can go screw themselves I want teams like Calgary, Wpg, Edmonton and Ottawa to do well. those cities don't have a lot of pro-sports excitement other than CFL happening
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-22 13:54:13)
of course. but hopefully they'll all play a bunch of games. the gallys were both unexpectedly granted roster spots back in 2013. i know that was because there were a couple of open ones and the young guys are not about to usurp the established players, but they'll be given chances to play at least :)
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-22 13:31:17)
it's time for galchenyuk to step up. he's shown flashes of his brilliance. he needs to come out and show that he can bring his linemates, whoever they happen to be, to the next level within the next 2-3 years. we've got a star goaltender. the defence is coming together - though we have yet to see tinordi and beaulieu truly hit their stride. it would be good to see a big step forward among the forwards. gallagher has shown what he can do. i want to see galchenyuk take some of the scoring pressure off of max.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 16:48:56)
honestly, i know that Subban is a wonderful player and all that, and the the organisation probably doesn't give him the respect he deserves. but it would be nice if he would agree to a little less money. 6.5 or 7 million dollars a year is still an enormous amount of money, and it would allow the team to build more around him and make itself even better. because in the end, winning the cup is what it's all about. and if him accepting a little less money helps us (Subban included) do that, then it's worth it. those few extra hundred thousand dollars per year aren't going to make him happier than winning a pro championship, i promise you.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-05 01:00:33)
as far as i'm concerned that was the true final.