SuperHabFan - (Rick Smokestack)Member since March 31, 2012
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-06 08:31:17)
Getzlaf is #2 for me. Backes, Koivu and Fisher aren't their teams #1 center. its Stastny, Granlund and Ribeiro. Stepan should be ahead of DD, also would be Granlund and Ribeiro.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice after day off and a Halloween party (2014-10-24 12:21:20)
Chara has not been great last 2 years? Ya, whatever you say bud....
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-10 08:30:05)
You should not be in the minority about liking Gilbert. I'll admit I didn't too much about him before as he was mostly a west coaster and on bad teams. But watching pre-season and now I really like his game. Very smart out there. You can see he doesn't have foot speed, but I notice a couple times he got burned on the outside but was able to smartly defend and force a play to the outside then retrieve the puck. You don't need to be overly physical when you make smart defensive plays. Now let's see if he can keep it up.
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 10:16:35)
Man, I can't agree with you enough. It's unreal how some people here just want to throw players away to let kids come in. They don't know what they're talking aobut. They seriously want to ice a team of rookies to get "experience". We're not a development team. We made the ECF last year.
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-10-09 09:18:30)
Unreal some people here. Can't believe they're still thinking Gilbert was shaky. Even worse thinking Tinrodi should be there instead. Man some people just don't understand hockey or have no idea what they're watching. I don't need fancy stats to know Gilbert was really solid especially his poise with the break out pass but just look at his stats on the habseyesontheprize write up on him... http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2014/10/9/6950233/maple-leafs-canadiens-recap-result-final-score-highlights
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 23:46:21)
And right after I post this look at the guy one comment above me...
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 23:43:28)
Wow are you seriously calling out Gilbert?. can you explain to me more thoroughly where you thought he was lacking?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 23:21:39)
I would rather a guy playing sound defence and making breakout passes then blocking shots. Gorges was great at what he did. I don't want to be a team that has to constantly block shots
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 23:19:18)
Would also like to add malholtra on face offs. 69%
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one (2014-10-08 23:12:25)
People who actually know hockey here would know Gilbert was pretty good. And that makes me happy about picking him as he was a question mark. Very poised with the puck. Simple first passes out of he zone on the tape. Using his body to protect the the puck. Huge upgrade on Gogres. He played 22 min. Very solid. Now just want to see consistency. He complemented Markov well