jols - (Ron)Member since March 3, 2012
Habs fan since: 1980
Favorite current player: PK,Price,Patches,Prust, Galchenyuk.
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 20:27:55)
Ya, I was on the TSN site for a while too. It seems mostly like jealous Leaf fans that are making the negative comments. It's understandable when the biggest thing their organization has done so far this summer was to sign a 28 year old stats geek as their assistant GM. Not a single respectable UFA wanted to sign there this summer. It's got to hurt a bit.
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 15:20:24)
Nice. Well deserved for Eller. Now just trade DD for a bag of pucks and have - Galchenyuk, Pleks and Eller down the middle and we will be all set.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 15:27:15)
So few go to free agency??? Are you new to watching hockey?
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 15:25:59)
I don't get the DD love on this site either. It is overwhelming the love this guy gets on this site. If you check out other sites that isn't the case.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 15:21:24)
At that point him and his agent would have to be idiots to re-sign. The big money is in reaching UFA and having 20+ teams bidding for your services.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 15:15:55)
If Eller wants to sign a long term 4-6 year contract 3 million per is fine cause it eats up some UFA years and he is only getting better. Otherwise a 1 year deal is all that can be offered so he can have a better season and then sign a long term deal at a higher number. Can't do a 2 year deal cause then he will be a UFA and when 6'2 centers with great skating ability, physicality and good all around skill become available they are snatched up quickly and with a huge price tag.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 14:50:43)
This isn't Eller's second contract, it is his third so I don't think it will have any impact on Chucky or Gally's next contracts. They will both be expect to take a 2 year bridge deal like PK, Price and Patches. How much will be determined by how well they play this year.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 15:53:30)
Gut-wrenching feeling. Argentina looks like it can score on the counter attack any time now. Still 0-0 at half-time. Should be 1-1. Both teams missed golden opportunities.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 14:53:43)
Go Germany Go!!! Gonna be a beauty. Over 800 million tuned in for the start of the game. I'm pretty sure FIFA doesn't lose any sleep because the sport isn't loved in Canada and the USA.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-12 18:01:01)
Just one game left. The big one. For all the glory. Germany vs Argentina. Should be a beauty. Germany 3 - Argentina 1.