jols - (Ron)Member since March 3, 2012
Habs fan since: 1980
Favorite current player: PK,Price,Patches,Prust, Galchenyuk.
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 20:12:21)
Is the idiom- 'A pot calling the kettle black' a racist statement? I always though it meant someone who calls out someone else for doing things that he/she were known to do. Hypocritical if you will. Just wondering cause someone on another site said it was racist. I've heard countless people use this idiom and never thought race had anything to do with it.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 16:17:04)
So 7 preseason games in 13 nights. That is a lot of hockey early on. I guess they will have to keep 30+ bodies around for the preseason It will give many an extended look.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 19:14:02)
I'm in my early 40's but as a young kid (teenager) my favorite bands were- Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, AC/DC etc. I loved it. I still rock out when I hear an old tune on the radio but as the older generation used to say to me and my friends when we where kids this sounds like nothing but noise. But I can see how the younger generation may really enjoy it...
- Comment on Bozon looking forward to Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-08-15 21:06:42)
Just saw PK's 'Ice Bucket Challenge'. Lol, the guy is something else. How can anyone not love the guy!!! He does everything to the max. Galchenyuk needs to learn a thing or two from this guy. lol.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-15 01:50:53)
Well done HiS. You have politicians talking about the issue now. It's a big accomplishment. You never know where this will go now that politics, culture and language are involved. You've already gotten a lot further than I thought you would. Cheers and good work.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-14 20:00:26)
Calgary Flames will be all over him. He was Gaudreau's line mate in College I believe. I think he will be a Flame. Hope we sign him though. He has lots of potential upside.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 15:48:03)
When is the next mayoral election in TO? Isn't it long overdue that Rob Ford just becomes a distant, albeit a disturbing memory?
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 15:09:11)
And Flames management hopes they happen often. They are gunning for McDavid and winning this year won't be a priority.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 15:02:48)
He is a killer. Scary dude. Calgary knows they are going to ice a young team for the next while as they re-build and they don't want their kids to have any worries other than learning the NHL game. They have McGrattan, England and another tough guy. Opponents will be on their best behavior.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 14:36:50)
Go Habs Go !!! PK for captain. Galchenyuk will have a break out year when Therrien and Bergevin decide he should. If they continue to under utilize him like they have expect 40-50 points. Beaulieu and Tinordi both make the team. Beaulieu out of camp and Tinordi will get called up early on and stick. Character while super important shouldn't be the most important factor. It should always be talent. Sekac sticks out of camp and gets a chance on Pleks' right wing. How long that lasts is up to him.