DT - (Denise J. Tremblay)Member since February 28, 2012
Habs fan since: 1965
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-17 21:13:41)
Habs need more character. Patches admitted after the Rags won the series, that you can't take a night off. If not that, then they need to look at their conditioning. Many players looked tired after beating the Bruins. I didn't see that in the Kings and Rags series -- although I'm sure they all were. On the plus side: first time in a long time TSN isn't saying the Habs overachieved -- but almost saying it by stating: "The challenge this summer will be to continue improving, recognizing that run wasn't built on the strongest foundation." http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455044
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 21:14:59)
In a nutshell, Patches said this, after losing to the Rags: "You can't take a night off". That's what was learned this year going to the Conf. finals. One step closer to being mature, Mr. Bergevin might say. As for the boys in Hamilton, well,... they're in Hamilton! And they're young. All that character Mr. Bergevin wants so desperately, needs time to develop/mature. All in good time, as long as management can be true to their promise to develop young talent in a way that works in this league that rewards big and fast skilled teams. None of this addresses the fatigue the Habs players were obviously feeling by the 3rd round. Strange, I didn't see this as much with any of the other Conf. final teams, east and west. Is conditioning also part of maturing and player development? I really hope so!
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 20:48:16)
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 21:44:06)
We're not the same team without Dale Weise.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 21:40:48)
They're tired -- or, they collectively decided they don't want to face the Kings.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 5 – Canadiens win wild one to stay alive (2014-05-27 21:39:33)
Man, things can change fast. Lunquist leaves and they figure it's in the bag? Do we have any shots on goal against their "goalie"?
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-25 21:46:26)
Toker is no choker! Keep up the great play! This ought to lift the boys. Oh... noooooo too late.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-25 21:21:04)
Is it too late to get Kurt Muller back behind the bench to help improve their chances on the PP?
- Comment on Habs have to be better for next game, Subban says after 7-2 drubbing by Rangers (Video) (2014-05-17 22:34:20)
With all due respect, that would be what the Bruins would do. I'm glad the Habs aren't like that. It was a reckless play and if retaliation is needed to send a message not to mess with your best player, then you need to do it at that moment, same shift, not goon time after the game is out of reach.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 1 – Canadiens annihilated 7-2 by Rangers in series opener (2014-05-17 14:11:08)
The Habs needed the 1st period to adjust to playing against a speedy team again, after playing the slow B's. As it is said, time to see the character these guys have in the face of adversity.