Habilis - (David)Member since February 14, 2012
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Dryden
- Comment on Habs’ Subban meets media in Brossard as contract talks continue (2014-08-01 00:58:24)
I thought that too, until I heard a Brian Wilde radio spot recently where he said that MB had the chance -when PK's contract expired just before the lockout started- to sign PK to a 10 year, 50 million dollar deal. Apparently PK was ready to go on that but MB held out for the bridge, all the way until PK signed his bridge 6 games in. Now I don't know how true that is, but Wilde wouldn't have said it if he didn't believe it. I get that PK was way more of an unknown then and I get the cap squeeze. But man, that contract would have been the best in the NHL the season after it was signed. I still think this all gets done, but that info definitely puts a dent in MB's negotiating prowess, at least in my eyes.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban meets media in Brossard as contract talks continue (2014-08-01 00:44:30)
^What he said^
- Comment on Habs’ Subban meets media in Brossard as contract talks continue (2014-08-01 00:39:06)
I didn't think your original comment was stooooopid even though I disagreed. The reason I think it will get done -yes, I still do- is because I think MB is a smart guy. Forget smart, he's just not a fool. Because it would take a fool to let this go to arbitration. There is simply no value in that for the Habs. None. I get the historical angle and all, I just don't buy it. MB is new, Molson wants to win, and the Habs make a boat load of money. No excuses indeed.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban meets media in Brossard as contract talks continue (2014-07-31 17:48:49)
I still honestly do not think it will go to arbitration. It may very well take until 8:45 am tomorrow, but a deal will get done. I still believe this because the alternative is that I (and I doubt I'm alone in this) lose all faith in MB instantly. I don't want that.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-30 14:14:52)
I still think it ends up at 9.5M AAV for 8 years for a very PK-ish 76 million dollar contract. Symmetry and all that.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-30 13:23:31)
Agreed. This is "it" for MB in my eyes. The Price negotiation was big but it was also before Price really asserted himself as a top flight goalie. This is the first deal that MB will shell out to a true superstar. He has to get the years here, it's all that matters.
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-30 13:18:43)
It's kind of amazing to watch this whole P.K. thing unfold. It really highlights who the level-headed hockey people are as opposed to the pretenders just trying to generate clicks. TVA went off the rails last night. I saw the Weekes tweet below, which is utterly ridiculous of course. I also saw Eklund's *spit* site today and it's basically a bunch of hooey about how P.K. hates the coaches and will be gone soon. It makes me smile when you see reports all over the map like this. It points to one actual truth and that is the fact that nobody knows anything outside of MB, P.K. and Meehan. The way it should be.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 21:28:38)
I think you're right. But we know from Eller that those numbers mean nada anyhow. If they follow form, the deal will be announced sometime on Thursday. There will be a deal prior to arbitration, there simply has to be. My only real concern is whether he gets 8 years or not. I've seen some chatter about 5. That would not be ideal, IMO. If you're going to buy some of P.K.'s free agency, you buy as much as you can right now.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 21:17:31)
Awesome to see that Alex is doing so well. Keep up the great work little man! All the best to the entire Smidt family.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-26 17:42:51)
76mil. You just know this is coming. Would anyone here be upset if that's what it takes to get him to sign for 8 years? I would not.