Habilis - (David)Member since February 14, 2012
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Dryden
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-07 01:47:47)
Exactly. The system would be great, if both divisions had exactly equal talent. They obviously don't. And if this kind of extreme is even possible, something is wrong. It would have been fine if they had split the teams up as is, but only guaranteed the top spot in each division. Let everyone else slug it out. That way, the max you can end up with is 1 undeserving team in the entire league from year to year, and that team would still have had to finish ahead of at least 7 other teams, which would mean the 8 worst teams would have to be in one single division. So, not likely.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-07 01:37:17)
^What he said^ Also, Emelin plays 2nd pair minutes while Murray plays 3rd. You can't give Murray 2nd pair minutes unless we're on the PK half the game, so pairing those two would mean having to move Diaz back up to 2nd pair minutes with Gorges. Not a good idea, IMO.
- Comment on Habs get a well-deserved day off (2013-12-07 01:15:21)
Weird quirk with the new standings. I was looking at them tonight and it's almost like the Leafs can't be caught for that 2nd wild card, at least not anytime soon. Every time the team behind them gets close, that team leapfrogs some other mediocre team in the Metro and jumps into one of the top 3 slots. Happened tonight with the Carolina win. Carolina went from being the wild card runner-up to 2nd in the Metro, which (I think) means they'd have a home playoff series if everything started tomorrow. That with the 7th best record in the conference. Not a huge fan of this new system. It should be pretty simple. Top 8 teams in each conference make the dance, best 4 play at home. This just seems like over-complicating for the sake of it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 22:10:38)
Way too much time left to be doing this already.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 21:56:11)
The goal they scored Boone.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 21:28:00)
It would be better for us if they just kept this period going for 20 more minutes. Unreal turnaround from the first.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-05 00:36:41)
Ahem: "Habilis SEPTEMBER 30, 2013 AT 1:02 PM 1. Montreal 2. Boston 3. Ottawa 4. Detroit 5. Toronto 6. Tampa Bay 7. Buffalo 8. Florida We finish first, the Wings get a wildcard, the Loafs finish out of the playoffs, and all is well with the universe. [Click to Edit | Request Deletion]" There it is, unedited. OK, so I was off about Ottawa and Tampa and have Buffalo flipped with Florida, but I believe that this meets all the requirements. Please be sure to let me know in advance when you will all be showing up, gotta set up the cam for this. :D Seriously though, great read as always Mr. Boone. Habs winning games they shouldn't, Leafs losing to everyone. B's in town tomorrow. Smells good.
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 15:49:26)
1. He's been as advertised, super strong, super slow. But he's cheap. All in all, a decent signing. 2. Hate to say it because I have the utmost respect for Timmins, but right now it's looking like McCarron. Still lots of time though. 3. I'd love to see him with Eller and Galchenyuk. 4. 4th, but with PK time as well. 5. Better than I used to for sure. Still not a fan of the way he did things, but the long term results were better than I expected.
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 15:04:36)
Hey Ben (or anyone else with an opinion), I was wondering what your thoughts are regarding McCarron not making it? Is this going to hurt his development? Obviously he wanted to be on the team, but is it a case of him "playing himself off the team" with his lack or scoring? Or was he always a bubble guy and just didn't do enough this year?
- Comment on Habs’ Bourque sidelined with upper-body injury (2013-12-04 14:58:06)
HA! Well done.