Habilis - (David)Member since February 14, 2012
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Dryden
- Comment on Habs will give youngsters a chance against Blackhawks (2014-10-01 13:27:49)
Yeah that's my initial impression as well. But at the same time, maybe we're just projecting our anti-racist values into the equation instead of seeing it for what it is? I hope that's not the case, but it wouldn't be the first time we saw veiled racism coming out of Boston.
- Comment on Habs will give youngsters a chance against Blackhawks (2014-10-01 12:56:14)
http://tinyurl.com/kyb2ul5 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -Bruins writers- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 19:29:54)
I agree with you, Bouillon has looked horrendous. The sad truth is that he just can't keep up with the game anymore. No shame in that after almost 20 years on NHL ice. I just think he's the "best" 7th D option we have right now. If a better option can be found via trade or waiver wire, that's cool too. But sitting Tinordi or Pateryn in the press-box for more than a few games in a row is a mistake, IMHO. I agree that they need NHL experience but they will get that this season when the inevitable injuries occur. Until then though, they need to play. They weren't exactly dominating the AHL last season. There's still plenty of room for them to improve down there.
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 19:25:30)
That will probably end up happening by default because of injuries.
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 17:56:25)
I agree about Beaulieu, he's in barring something unforeseen. But regarding the other guys, I think it's more of a case of the brass not wanting to keep Tinordi or Pateryn as the 7th D. It makes more sense to have them play big minutes and continue to develop in Hamilton. That's why Bouillon is here, IMHO. He would be the ideal 7th D, a guy who is cheap but has plenty of experience and is able to step in if someone wakes up sick or gets dinged in the warm-up. I wonder whether or not he's prepared to accept that role though. If he isn't, Drewiske should be on deck for that spot.
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 17:43:59)
*shudders* I'll raise you though: Imagine a show with just P.J. Stock and Glen Healy. Can one even fathom the amount of gibberish those two would concoct together? It would be like some kind of black hole for common sense. The rules of logic would break down and nothing would escape, not even brain cells.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 20:00:36)
Beaulieu plays LD while Gilbert plays RD. Beaulieu can't replace Gilbert. He can and will replace Markov at some point. We don't need a Gilbert replacement anyhow because that's P.K.'s side of the ice. I know some fans don't pay attention to shooting sides, but you really should. It matters, especially when you're talking about line combos or players moving up the depth chart.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 19:50:02)
Emelin has been moved back to his natural left side this season, the same side as Markov. Barring injuries, they won't be playing together at all anymore.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 12:53:55)
I must have misheard because Engels has Price playing 2 of the next 3 also. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-Engels/What-Questions-Havent-Been-Answered-at-Habs-Camp/82/62620
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 12:29:22)
I'm pretty sure I heard Pierre Houde say last night that the plan was to play Price for 2 (including last night) full games over the last 4 with Budaj and Toker each getting 1. That would make the most sense too. Price doesn't look to need the extra game. Dude is ready.