King of Bonshaw - (Doug Allen)Member since February 10, 2012
Habs fan since: 1962
Favorite current player: P K Subban
All-time favorite player: Chris Nilan
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 15:36:13)
Hubbards side or Seabright side.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 11: San Jose dominant in 2-0 win (2013-10-27 08:35:19)
Gerard Gallant never had a fifty goal season. He did have many solid seasons playing alongside Steve Yzerman. He was bigger than Gallagher in his playing days. He was as tough as they come. He certainly didn't require protection from Probert or Kocur. In fact he is tougher than any current Habs player except for Prust. It's unfair to compare Gallagher to him. Two completely different styles of play in different eras.
- Comment on A summer of love, golf and hard work for Habs’ Prust (2013-08-11 06:40:30)
I am too Ron. Sir John A 1971. 55 year Hab fan.
- Comment on Emelin out for the season with torn knee ligament (2013-04-08 18:31:42)
Born and raised in Halifax but the only Habs fan in Bonshaw hence the name. We are as scarce as hen's teeth here on PEI. Hate the Bruins but how do you hate the kid from up the road, Adam McQuaid. It's just hockey.
- Comment on Geoffrion happy to be home; Bulldogs sign Commodore (2012-11-22 16:47:47)
Montreal sent 40 year old journeyman defenceman, Noel Price, to Halifax in 1971 to help teach a young raw boned kid whose name I think was Robinson. Nyrop and Engblom didn't turn out too bad either. If Commodore has half the mentoring ability Price did the kids will prosper.
- Comment on Multimedia from Thursday practice (2012-02-23 14:09:28)
I really don't understand the desire to fill this team up with Russians. It is a crap shoot with these guys. The word enigma is the first thing that comes to mind. For every Datsyuk or Malkin there is a bus load of underachieving butterfly chasers. Haven't we had enough with Kovalev and Malakhov. Of the last 7 Cup winning teams only 2 had Russians playing a predominant role. They were the exception not the rule. So I say no to Nail, Grigor and Radulov.
- Comment on HIO at practice (2012-02-16 14:25:27)
What good is Plekanics if he can't get the puck up another 3 inches and smoke that clod between the eyes. He never should have gone over to see if he was okay either. Check on him in the off season.
- Comment on Multimedia: White, Schultz game-time decisions vs. Hurricanes (2012-02-13 19:09:42)
I am not Al but a newbie here from Bonshaw. Long serving Habs fan. I was well entrenched before the Leafs won there last one in 67. Fact was that Punch was right in that we played a Junior B goalie. The only reason they won. Some of my favourite years were spent watching Knuckles Nilan playing for the Nova Scotia Voyageurs.