HabFan in Edmonton - (Daniel Leclair)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Canadiens will face well-rested Rangers team; prospect Nikita Scherbak suffers back injury (2014-11-23 15:19:11)
It's sad to see what's happening in Edmonton, went to the Devil's game on Friday night and the compete level is just not there on a consistent basis, the players have become used to losing which is a very bad thing. I just don't see a trade turning things around for the Oilers, changes have to come at the top. Edmonton's a great hockey town and the fans there deserve better. I know some on this board would hate (and I understand it) to see the Oilers get the #1 pick again. Well at least it's better than a team in Montreal's division getting it (ie. Toronto, heaven forbid!) I would like to see David Perron here as he plays with a ton of grit but David Desharnais is not what the Oilers need unfortunately.
- Comment on Liveblog: Lifeless Canadiens drop third in a row (2014-11-04 22:21:31)
Sure, he will help the Habs with their scoring problems.
- Comment on Liveblog: Lifeless Canadiens drop third in a row (2014-11-04 22:11:52)
On the plus side a record of 8-4-1 is pretty good! On the negative side their goal differential is 2nd worst of any team in the Atlantic division. That's assuming you include Buffalo as a team, if you don't include them they have the worst. No time to panic but definitely cause for concern as they need to play a lot better.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 21:25:29)
It's the biggest immediate issue for Hab fans and the amount of the contract will determine a lot regarding the flexibility MB has going forward. It's a big issue! What else are we going to talk about right now regarding the Habs? It's priority #1
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:07:58)
Agreed, that seems like a ridiculous amount of money to spend. What if he didn't make it? What did you give up? Money to spend on an education?
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:04:27)
Without question d), 8 years at a minimum of 8 million per year. No way they are going to arbitration unless Meehan is asking for a ridiculous contract.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:02:26)
Be strong Alex! So nice that Ian and many other Hab fans were able to help out. I am very happy that things are progressing in a positive direction for you.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 22:16:11)
I hope they are right, 8 or less for a long term contract and I am a happy man.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 21:19:21)
Agreed on the Golden Jet.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 21:18:06)
No doubt, Bossy would have looked great in a Habs uniform. A lot of teams missed him, he was a phenomenal sniper.