HabFan in Edmonton - (Daniel Leclair)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 21:25:29)
It's the biggest immediate issue for Hab fans and the amount of the contract will determine a lot regarding the flexibility MB has going forward. It's a big issue! What else are we going to talk about right now regarding the Habs? It's priority #1
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:07:58)
Agreed, that seems like a ridiculous amount of money to spend. What if he didn't make it? What did you give up? Money to spend on an education?
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:04:27)
Without question d), 8 years at a minimum of 8 million per year. No way they are going to arbitration unless Meehan is asking for a ridiculous contract.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 20:02:26)
Be strong Alex! So nice that Ian and many other Hab fans were able to help out. I am very happy that things are progressing in a positive direction for you.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 22:16:11)
I hope they are right, 8 or less for a long term contract and I am a happy man.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 21:19:21)
Agreed on the Golden Jet.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 21:18:06)
No doubt, Bossy would have looked great in a Habs uniform. A lot of teams missed him, he was a phenomenal sniper.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 19:50:07)
I am a little younger and agree with your selections except for perhaps Mike Bossy, probably the best pure scorer I ever saw but not sure he ever "lifted me out of my seat". Bobby Orr was the best player I ever saw for sure. Two players in Edmonton who could lift me out of my seat were Paul Coffey and Glenn Anderson. Anderson was absolutely fearless driving to the net and scored many highlight reel goals. Coffey was the best skater I ever saw, made it look so easy and effortless, lacked Orr's toughness. Of course I am a little biased because I saw a lot of the Oilers (split a season ticket during their glory years, probably just did it so I could see the Habs when they came to town).
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 23:22:46)
I hear what your saying but it's hard to say who the real Eller is, the playoff Eller who was great or the one who went in the tank the last 70 games in the regular season. I would love to see the playoff Eller emerge in the regular season but I guess he still has to prove it to MB.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:44:02)
I guess Ovie was just never meant to have a ring on his finger.