HabFan in Edmonton - (Daniel Leclair)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-06 12:50:34)
I liked the Halak trade at the time it was made and I like it better now. The future looks bright down the middle.
- Comment on Here’s something for Habs fans to celebrate (2013-10-03 21:44:39)
That's exactly what happened and that's why the Oilers sent him to the minors last year. It's a tough job but that's the job he was there for and he stopped doing it. The concussions have taken a toll on Ben.
- Comment on Subban and Price invited to pre-Olympic orientation camp (2013-07-23 19:16:59)
You are assuming Jagr would have come here. He is 41 and I wouldn't pay him 4 million/year. I would rather MB save the cap space for later in the season when an opportunity comes up. Tough crowd ! I am not crazy about the Briere signing but willing to give MB the benefit of the doubt.
- Comment on New season, new division rivals for Habs (2013-07-21 15:30:07)
Maybe he only checks in once a week, it is summer, perhaps he has other things to go ?
- Comment on Habs sign White for one year; Big Mac lands in London (2013-07-20 02:13:04)
It's OK to take a break from hockey, not much going on, it's July, enjoy the summer !!
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 23:23:38)
Agreed, OK how about if I say that Peckham can be downright ornery. He would certainly bring some nastiness to the Habs defense and I would think MB has probably given it some thought. Was coming to the Oilers training camp out of shape a sign of immaturity or just a 1 time mistake that he learned from. I suspect MB has probably investigated that part.
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 23:09:23)
I agree Peckham could be a good fit, big and tough with a bit of a mean streak. He came to Oilers training camp last year out of shape and never got it going. Hopefully he learned from that.
- Comment on Habs sign Fournier, three more prospects; camp ends Sunday (2013-07-07 16:15:39)
I didn't like the DD signing either but I understand MB is in a difficult position sometimes and there is pressure to show confidence in the French Canadian kids. At least Briere is only for 2 years.
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-04 20:12:13)
I agree, Clarkson or Horton will be far too costly, it would take a long term contract with big numbers. Let the other teams fight over those guys. I don't mind a 2 year deal.
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-04 17:34:52)
Not crazy about it but we will see how it plays out. At least it is only for 2 years and it's good to see that someone wanted to come and play in Montreal although perhaps it was because Montreal offered the most money ?