HabFan in Edmonton - (Daniel Leclair)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 23:22:46)
I hear what your saying but it's hard to say who the real Eller is, the playoff Eller who was great or the one who went in the tank the last 70 games in the regular season. I would love to see the playoff Eller emerge in the regular season but I guess he still has to prove it to MB.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:44:02)
I guess Ovie was just never meant to have a ring on his finger.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:42:40)
It is hard to believe, Benny must wake up in the middle of the night and wonder if it's just a dream.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 21:25:55)
This is the full text of what Friedman said, he is actually good with the contract? Maybe the Leafs were offering 6? 21. Edmonton landed two of its top targets in free agency — Mark Fayne and Benoit Pouliot. (Someone was willing to go a sixth year on Pouliot, so the Oilers went to five to get him.) They also took a run at Olli Jokinen, who took slightly less in salary elsewhere (but in a tax-free state). They’re going to look for a centre, because they don’t want to rush Leon Draisaitl for no reason. Same goes for Darnell Nurse. Sault Ste. Marie has a good rep, so I don’t think it would bother Edmonton if he needs to go back there and try for the World Juniors. I’m fine with the Pouliot contract. This was the lesson of David Clarkson last summer, but the club got a better player and a better match. I know the money is dear, but the Oilers need a specific player-type and Pouliot fits. It’s like Gordon a year ago. This is also the passage that mentions their third target (Jokinen) along with Fayne and Pouliot—we can discuss it later but that would appear to be a fairly nice group from this summer’s free agents.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 20:50:26)
Do you think Parenteau will be happy with the 3rd line since "obviously I am a top 6 forward".
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-21 20:41:28)
I find that hard to believe as well. Having said that, some nights Pouliot can look like a star, some great moves, excellent skater, good size, can even fight when he has to. If he could bring that on a regular basis then he would be worth the money but so far in his career he has been consistently inconsistent. The Oilers are taking a big gamble with a 5 year deal.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 21:47:55)
That is my plan as well.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 21:47:08)
He must have had "issues". That's all I can think of as it looked liked he was developing well.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 21:45:33)
I keep trying to forget about that trade but it's hard.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 00:14:50)
Not sure why there seems to be a lot of fascination with Evander Kane. Yes he's got some talent and is tough but he would cost an arm and a leg and is a bit of a head case. I think MB places a premium on character and I am willing to be that he hasn't even considered it.