HabFan in Edmonton - (Daniel Leclair)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Beaulieu playing with confidence (2015-02-22 18:57:40)
A lot said about Gainey today. I will say this. He was one of the classiest guys ever to wear about a Hab uniform and a very key component in some cup winning teams. Yup, the Gomez trade was just horrible, Sather should have paid Gainey to take that contract off his hands. I would prefer to think of the Graig Rivet trade (Josh Georges and a #1 pick - Pacioretty). That turned out pretty well. Not bad for a late 1st round pick. The scouts earned their money that year.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Beaulieu playing with confidence (2015-02-22 18:00:55)
That's better, I can live with that one.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Beaulieu playing with confidence (2015-02-22 17:49:37)
Please don't bring up Gomez, it's taking me a long time to get over that one. I am so glad MB is the GM.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Beaulieu playing with confidence (2015-02-22 17:42:51)
It's hard to believe even Gainey would offer that much for an almost washed up Lecavalier. Can you imagine how much better Tampa would be than us if that trade happened? I shutter to think about it. I won't think about it.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-11 01:02:43)
A lot of people who replied to the article (like I did tonight) came to the same conclusion. What a joke!
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-11 00:51:04)
Totally agree, that previous article (attached below) is a complete joke. The author lists Pacioretty as one of the worst 8 contracts for a Canadian team and fails to mention David Clarkson. Are you kidding me!! Do your homework before you write an article. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-contracts-the-8-worst-for-canadian-teams-1.2757308
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a nailbiter (2015-01-29 22:08:48)
I am enjoying the Leafs slide a little too much however I don't want to see them slide so much that they have a shot at McDavid, better he ends up in Edmonton (I know they don't deserve it) where he won't bother the Habs too much. He is going to be a special player.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-26 20:47:06)
Last year Eller got 13 pts. in 17 playoff games, DD got 8. I am assuming (could be wrong) that DD got more power play time as well. I just think that Eller can fill a niche on the Habs, not sure about DD although I do cheer for him.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-26 20:05:09)
I saw a few comments about Eller tonight. Personally I think he can be the perfect #3 center if that is a role he is happy with. He has shown flashes of brilliance offensively but not consistently enough to be a guy you can depend on in an offensive role. In a #3 center you want a guy who is big enough and can skate well enough to be a shut down guy but can still chip in occasionally with a big goal. Eller showed that in the playoffs last year. I really like what he can bring. I am not sure where you fit in DD as a center as I just don't think he can get it done in the playoffs when the checking is tighter. I certainly appreciate his effort and the obstacles he has over come (ie. size) to get to where he is.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 20:54:13)
Yup, I was there too. Very very cold, but a great experience.