HabFan in Edmonton - (Daniel Leclair)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1964
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a nailbiter (2015-01-29 22:08:48)
I am enjoying the Leafs slide a little too much however I don't want to see them slide so much that they have a shot at McDavid, better he ends up in Edmonton (I know they don't deserve it) where he won't bother the Habs too much. He is going to be a special player.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-26 20:47:06)
Last year Eller got 13 pts. in 17 playoff games, DD got 8. I am assuming (could be wrong) that DD got more power play time as well. I just think that Eller can fill a niche on the Habs, not sure about DD although I do cheer for him.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-26 20:05:09)
I saw a few comments about Eller tonight. Personally I think he can be the perfect #3 center if that is a role he is happy with. He has shown flashes of brilliance offensively but not consistently enough to be a guy you can depend on in an offensive role. In a #3 center you want a guy who is big enough and can skate well enough to be a shut down guy but can still chip in occasionally with a big goal. Eller showed that in the playoffs last year. I really like what he can bring. I am not sure where you fit in DD as a center as I just don't think he can get it done in the playoffs when the checking is tighter. I certainly appreciate his effort and the obstacles he has over come (ie. size) to get to where he is.
- Comment on It’s official: Habs vs. Bruins in 2016 Winter Classic (2015-01-24 20:54:13)
Yup, I was there too. Very very cold, but a great experience.
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 20:06:45)
Maybe they can bring Rejean Houle back as GM?
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-11 17:25:24)
I agree, I really like what Eller brings but he has never shown at any level that he can put up big numbers. Having said that I think he can be a perfect number 3 centre (which maybe he is now), playing good defense and scoring the odd key goal which he did in the playoffs last year.
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-11 12:43:12)
I disagree with your post on so many levels, never mind the race card which people use as a last resort when they don't get their way. The owners want to make money, they are businessmen, I think they would love to see a black guy as one of the faces of the league to try and open up the game to a wider audience. I am actually happy PK wasn't picked as it will give him a rest and motivate him for the rest of the year.
- Comment on Habs return to practice rink and work on struggling power play (2015-01-08 21:38:04)
I agree with most of your post except the part about wasting the potential in Team Canada. I thought he did a phenomenal job of molding them into a team in a short period of time. Teams wins, individual talent does not.
- Comment on Habs return to practice rink and work on struggling power play (2015-01-08 20:59:56)
The fact that Yakupov could bolt for the KHL would definitely lower his trade value and after the year he has had in Edmonton he might be thinking that way but he has that outgoing personality that makes him more at home in North America than other Russians might feel. I think he would prefer to stay here but he has had a god awful frustrating year so far. I think he needs a change of scenery. Again it depends on the price.
- Comment on Habs return to practice rink and work on struggling power play (2015-01-08 20:50:30)
They discussed that in the article. What do you pay him? He is not getting a long term deal at this point and MacTavish doesn't want to lose him for nothing to the KHL. the time could be right to pick MacTavish's pocket. Also having Markov and Emelin here would help. I would also love the Oiler's #1 pick and get McDavid but that is dreaming.