rnnoble - (Nick Roble)Member since February 6, 2012
Habs fan since: 1987
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-29 08:22:52)
Quite an ironic statement. You're declaring right now that you'll NEVER like him, but HE'S the inflexible one?
- Comment on Defenceman Lernout, forward Audette among Habs’ six draft picks (2014-06-29 18:19:49)
She also captained her team to a gold medal and had a very successful career. She was hired for the same reason other former players are hired; saying it was purely affirmative action is ridiculous.
- Comment on Liveblog: Playoff Game 4 – Pacioretty propels Canadiens to Round 2 (2014-04-22 22:37:35)
What would you prefer? Stoic silence? People are happy, let them be happy the way they want to be happy.
- Comment on Price among Habs not making trip to Chicago (with video) (2014-04-09 07:46:30)
Actually, I would argue it's a common phenomenon that ecologists should look into. It's happened almost every year for a decade!
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday after ‘best game’ of the season (2014-01-12 23:28:03)
That's confounded by losses in OT/SO. Eastern teams have won 119 games against the West, Western teams have won 146 games against the East. I would say the "far superior" and "weak sister" monikers apply.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 8: Four-game win streak ends with 2-1 loss to Nashville (2013-10-19 18:22:35)
Salt Lake Olympics was 12 years ago.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-16 08:53:32)
Briere is only signed short term instead of Gomez' long term, 4M instead of 7M, and the habs didn't have to give anything up to get him. So he may end up being a poor signing, but he's nothing like the Gomez acquisition.
- Comment on MacKinnon looking like the No. 1 pick (2013-06-27 00:54:32)
In his first, second, and third year, Plekanec put up 29, 47, and 69 (0.85ppg) points. Eller put up 17, 28, and 30 (0.65ppg) points. I think that Eller has a lot of upside, and I'm excited about his future, but the stats aren't there yet. I know, I know, everyone says that he hasn't been given a chance yet, and that's probably true, but you can't say "compare his stats".
- Comment on Liveblog: Sabres at Canadiens (2013-03-23 16:50:39)
- Comment on Habs, hockey, Special Olympics mourn Frank Selke Jr. (2013-03-18 21:44:08)
Every reporter (I think) has a certain story they are trying to tell, but watching the raw interview footage in sports is very interesting. You can really tell, based on the questions they ask, what story they are going to tell, and they are just fishing for the right sound bite that they can take out of context. I'm generalizing, and I know that some reporters are better than others (obviously, since I'm here), but it happens very often.