Max - (Max Factor)Member since January 26, 2012
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-20 14:00:33)
One of the most overrated and overpaid players of the past 15 years. Not even an AHL level player at this point.
- Comment on Canadiens will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 (2014-06-19 12:17:01)
The question of the day should have a third option: I think jerseys should be" honored" rather than" retired". If you choose "no" with the current options,it looks like you are dissing Guy Lapointe when that's not the case at all.
- Comment on Canadiens will retire Guy Lapointe’s No. 5 (2014-06-19 10:07:14)
Someone was just mentioning Mats Naslund and some of the other smaller players below. Mats was always my favourite player growing up and still is upon refelction.He was tiny,5'7 160ish, but that guy could play .I remeber his dipsy doodling all over the ice with that that long stick.He could stickhandle in a phone booth and skate like the wind. I know it was a different era but he always seemed to magically allude checks and the physical stuff and kept on scoring. Great player! I had a big framed picture of him in my room growing up and still have it somewhere. Le Petit Viking!
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-18 11:04:42)
It's kind of sad and startling that most of the hockey talk these days centers on ridiculous dollar amounts being thrown around by us average schmoes. He should get 42 million for 7 years,no 8 mill for 5 years,wait I think 45 mill for 6 years is reasonable etc etc.The game certainly has changed and depsite numerous lockouts,greedy owners and players will eventually destroy it all.
- Comment on Habs sign Weise to two-year contract (2014-06-17 14:53:15)
You lost all credibility with your suggestion of discarding Markov and keeping Murray. Kind of ridiculous.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 10:45:44)
Hehe,Skoula had a serviceable career but Abid was pretty awful in the few games he played in the NHL.I think he plays in Europe now.Fischer was the best of your trio in his limited time playing.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 10:37:47)
Fischer was a pretty good selection until his health issues.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 10:34:21)
Definitely and most people tend to dwell on the early round busts rather than the later round star players who were passed over numerous times by almost every team.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 10:27:25)
On another funny note,just browsing the 98' draft when Markov went 5th round/162 overall and noticed that the habs passed up the heady likes of Rico Fata at number 6 overall or the esteemed Jeff Heerema at 11th.How's about a little Mike Henrich at 13 to Edmonton???? For every Leblanc and Fischer,there's a Markov and Gallagher to even it all out.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 10:17:30)
I reckon Markov will be back at somewhere around 6 cool mill.You can bet your bottom dollar that the current sticking point is that third year.Bergevin will probably talk his camp down to two years at 6ish. The guy is a veteran who eats hard minutes,plays well,puts up serious points and has been here since day one.These types don't grow on trees and for those of you who expect a young whipper snapper to jump in and take Markov's minutes......get real! This current team is a much better group with Mr. Markov on it.