Bun E. LaroqueMember since January 14, 2012
Habs fan since: Always
Favorite current player: Pavel Datsyuk, Alex Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Gilbert Perreault, Peter Forsberg
- Comment on Tokarski will get start in goal for Canadiens vs. Jets (2015-03-26 13:12:36)
This is true but it takes some time to integrate into a new team. Nothing wrong with playing on the fourth line. Especially since our third line is pretty smokin' these days.
- Comment on Tokarski will get start in goal for Canadiens vs. Jets (2015-03-26 12:49:46)
Surely its a little early to evaluate the Sekac/Smith-Pelly trade. These are both young players getting used to their new teams. What is clear is that the Habs needed a player like Devante more than a player like Sekac. There are always complaints about how soft we have been and that is something MB is addressing with DSP. I was as big a fan of Sekac's offensive gifts and flash as anyone but we have some other players like that coming up (Scherbak/Hudon). You have to look long term. Smith-Pelly is the kind of player one needs in a long (hopefully) playoff run.
- Comment on Tokarski will get start in goal for Canadiens vs. Jets (2015-03-26 12:39:34)
Gainey also gambled drafting a goalie 5th overall and that seems to have turned out pretty well. Gomez/MacDonagh is a bummer but you can't win 'em all.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Predators preview: Mitchell in for Malhotra; Gilbert sidelined (2015-03-23 23:56:01)
Definitely Steve Penney.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Predators preview: Mitchell in for Malhotra; Gilbert sidelined (2015-03-23 16:48:14)
Three teams we will have a hard time beating in the playoffs.
- Comment on Senators vs. Canadiens preview: Parenteau back in Habs lineup (2015-03-12 16:48:27)
MT obviously has his agenda but man he sure could help his team by giving Alex the reigns at center. Confidence is only gonna come after a long stint, not a few games. As for what people said, it really doesn't matter. We have a potentially dominant center who is offensively gifted and big. What have we got to lose by playing him at center? We're just not going to go very far with a miniscule #1 pivot.
- Comment on Senators vs. Canadiens preview: Parenteau back in Habs lineup (2015-03-12 15:33:37)
I would like to see Alex Galchenyuk centering our first line. There is no better candidate at this point. DD is a clever "little" hockey player but when the playoffs start that ain't gonna cut it. Throw Alex in now. If he makes a few mistake so be it. Trial by fire. We he need him at his best to go anywhere in the playoffs.
- Comment on Senators vs. Canadiens preview: Parenteau back in Habs lineup (2015-03-12 15:02:36)
This would definitely be a good idea. I believe the last time he split them up it resulted in more offense throughout the lineup. DD ain't gonna fly as our first line center in the playoffs.
- Comment on Lightning vs. Canadiens preview (2015-03-10 12:32:12)
RE: The poll question. Interesting to see we are at 50/50. I voted yes because the question is are we good ENOUGH to win a Stanley Cup. Not should we be considered a favourite. I doubt that many people thought we were good enough to win the last two times we won the Stanley Cup (so long ago). But once some of the playoff chips fall, who knows what can happen. We have the dominant goalie and a wholly committed team. Not to mention the Hab's intangibles and ghosts to help. I like our chances.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end trip with win (2015-03-07 21:59:16)
and Ribeiro fever