CalgaryHab - (Mike Christensen)Member since January 11, 2012
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Guy Carbonneau
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 12:13:12)
It's the choice of the United Nations - no one country having more than one representative. If the Habs could name two more assistants, it most assuredly be Slovakia and Denmark. All nations will be covered and we would have peace (unless Quebec wants to throw a wrench into things)
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 17:29:50)
I remember growing up in a small, hick town at the base of the mountains in Alberta as a teenager and for some reason the cable package (if you can call it that by today's standards) gave us CBC Calgary and CBC Montreal. CBC Calgary was forced to play the Leaf game (puke) but I was always guaranteed the Habs on Saturday night because of CBC Montreal. I've been subscribed to RDS for years even though I speak zero french. It's going to be a tough break up.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 17:00:12)
This is what I found on Sportsnet.ca. Apparently the blackouts are mandated by the NHL. I copied and pasted a couple of blurbs: Sportsnet NHL Blackout Explanations Due to regional broadcast regulations set forth by the NHL, Sportsnet game telecasts must be blacked out in certain areas of Canada. The broadcast boundaries for Sportsnet’s regional NHL games have been set by the NHL since the network’s inception in 1998 and Sportsnet is contractually obligated to follow them. Also: Again, keep in mind this is not Sportsnet’s decision. In NHL blackout cases we must legally comply with the boundary rules set by the NHL. Purchasing all four Sportsnet channels from your provider does not provide you with additional out-of-market games outside your Sportsnet region. Full link: http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/frequently-asked-questions/
- Comment on Cournoyer speaks about vacant Habs captaincy (2014-08-27 17:30:05)
Like you, I'm optimistic. But I think LA would have killed us. To me in the finals, although the scores of most of the games was close, it seemed that New York worked their tails off for everything they got and LA hardly broke a sweat. Habs match up better against Chicago - as you state.
- Comment on Who will be the Habs’ first-round pick? (with Trevor Timmins audio) (2014-06-27 10:10:12)
I worries me that MB hasn't ruled them out.
- Comment on Who will be the Habs’ first-round pick? (with Trevor Timmins audio) (2014-06-27 09:48:48)
"Bergevin confirmed that Thomas Vanek, George Parros and Douglas Murray won’t be back next season, but he hasn’t ruled out bringing back captain Brian Gionta, Mike Weaver or Francis Bouillon." Looks like 'smurf' is alive and well in habland. I understand the bigger guys mentioned not coming back, but Gio, Weaver and Frankie also need to go. Average age of 36 and height of 5'8" - time to open up some room on the roster for youth and size - IMO
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-03 11:42:07)
Cammalleri back? That would would make sense with my jersey curse. I bought Richer's jersy - traded within the year, comes back a few years after. Bought a Cammi jersey - traded within the year, if Cammi signs again - jersey curse comes full circle. This is why I don't buy a Price or Subban - I don't tempt the jersey gods. Should've bought a Gomez a year or 2 before the buy-out, he could have come back as team motivational speaker.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 17:24:45)
Probably, but he is chasing a cup. I think we're closer than Boston to a cup. As chara goes so do the bruins and he isn't geting any younger.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 17:06:15)
Even though his legacy is tarnished by being a bruin, I wouldn't mind signing Iginla for 2 years at 7 million per year than Vanek at 7 and 7. Iggy's 'quiet' leadership could replace Gio and he'd bring a lot more to the ice. After the 2 years, PK is ready for the captaincy. PK, Gorges, Patch as A's until then.
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-30 14:42:00)
The day after elimination is always tough. A little tougher this year because of the promising run only to fall short. In years past, I've found nature to have a grounding effect on days like today. I'll think I'll head out to Banff or Waterton and go on a little hike. Love our core and the new culture, Molson and MB have a plan and it's an exciting future for the Habs. This run has proved we are closer than we thought.