Mustang - (Wayne Maybury)Member since January 11, 2012
St. Hubert, QC
Habs fan since: mid 50's
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden, Guy Lafleur, Boom-Boom Geffrion
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 20:22:23)
I always felt that Brisbois was a decent guy but I could never figure out how he made the NHL. I can remember a comment by Red Fisher (I think it was Red that wrote this) "Brisbois is the only member of the Canadiens that always knows where the puck is, it is always behind him". In all the years he played for Montreal, I cannot ever remember him actually hitting an opposing player with a body check.
- Comment on Eighth HI/O summit planned for Nov. 29th (2014-07-15 13:55:39)
I vote that the "Scoreboard" showing the Habs losing to the Rangers, should be removed. Anyone else think it should go?
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 11:23:32)
Dust. OK, I will rephrase my comment. "Most" true fans of the game think that this whole shootout business is rediculous. How's that? Letting an individual skills contest decide the outcome of a team sport simply does not make sense to me. Franco. Many of the people in the seats did not pay for them, they were paid for by companies who then (supposedly) give them to their customers as a promotional gift. Most real fans cannot afford the cost of a seat and/or do not have access to a ticket.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 10:01:18)
One of the things that bugs me about the present setup is that games involving overtime are worth 3 points while games decided in regulation time are only worth 2 points. In my opinion, every game should be worth the same number of points.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 09:55:30)
True fans of the game think that this whole shootout business is rediculous. In reality it is little more than a form of entertainment to please the people that are in the seats.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-10 09:27:55)
When every seat is occupied for every game, do you think that the management really cares what the fans think?
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-17 08:07:45)
Ian, I think that most pro athletes are over-paid (just my opinion) but in Markov's case it is simply a question of his market value. Lots of teams are looking for solid, experienced defence. Assuming that Markov wants to stay in Montreal, you could probably pay him slightly less than he could get from some other team(s), but not all that much less or he will decide to move. The other point that must be factored into the equation is exactly how will Markov's numbers fit into the salary cap 2 or 3 years down the road. We also must remember that P.K. will be looking for mega bucks.
- Comment on Rangers fan Jimmy Fallon rubs it in a bit after winning bet with Habs (2014-06-04 07:38:48)
10912 Now that is the post of the day, all in good fun of course. Have a great day and enjoy the summer.
- Comment on Rangers fan Jimmy Fallon rubs it in a bit after winning bet with Habs (2014-06-04 07:33:25)
Many fans thought (probably still think) that MT was (is) an idiot but when you look at the overall results, he did a very good job. Could he have done better? Certainly, but he could also have done much worse. In this day of no-trade multi-million dollar contracts, free agents, and the salary cap, it is a very tough business for both the GM and the coach.
- Comment on Multimedia: Weise won’t be in Habs’ lineup for Game 6 vs. Rangers (2014-05-29 13:09:18)
Welcome south. Let's hope you are right.