Mustang - (Wayne Maybury)Member since January 11, 2012
St. Hubert, QC
Habs fan since: mid 50's
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Ken Dryden, Guy Lafleur, Boom-Boom Geffrion
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 11:10:03)
I am quite sure that the Habs management team has thoroughly kicked this idea around looking at both the pros and cons. They obviously feel it is the correct decision and they do know a little bit more about the players involved than any of us do. One can call the Montreal Canadiens many things but a Mickey Mouse organization is not one of them.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-14 13:40:48)
Cal, I completely agree with you. It is very easy to go to other sites to read about what is going on in the world. I come here to read about the Habs and hockey.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 10:55:36)
Cal, that is exactly how I rationalize being a Habs fan.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 09:57:11)
Please don't get me wrong, I really like P.K. and if I was in his position, I would be trying to get everything I could. Having said that, the salaries in pro sports are simply getting more and more rediculous each year. I know it is supply and demand and these guys have short careers but when you come right down to it, what do they really add to society except a diversion for a short period of time. It is getting very difficult to follow pro sports knowing just how much these players get. I will get off of my soapbox now.
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-30 09:50:30)
When you come right down to it Marchand is probably one of the most disliked players in the NHL. The short clip of him punching Plekanec in the head while making sure no one saw him, says it all. He is basically a scum-bag.
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 20:22:23)
I always felt that Brisbois was a decent guy but I could never figure out how he made the NHL. I can remember a comment by Red Fisher (I think it was Red that wrote this) "Brisbois is the only member of the Canadiens that always knows where the puck is, it is always behind him". In all the years he played for Montreal, I cannot ever remember him actually hitting an opposing player with a body check.
- Comment on Eighth HI/O summit planned for Nov. 29th (2014-07-15 13:55:39)
I vote that the "Scoreboard" showing the Habs losing to the Rangers, should be removed. Anyone else think it should go?
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 11:23:32)
Dust. OK, I will rephrase my comment. "Most" true fans of the game think that this whole shootout business is rediculous. How's that? Letting an individual skills contest decide the outcome of a team sport simply does not make sense to me. Franco. Many of the people in the seats did not pay for them, they were paid for by companies who then (supposedly) give them to their customers as a promotional gift. Most real fans cannot afford the cost of a seat and/or do not have access to a ticket.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 10:01:18)
One of the things that bugs me about the present setup is that games involving overtime are worth 3 points while games decided in regulation time are only worth 2 points. In my opinion, every game should be worth the same number of points.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-11 09:55:30)
True fans of the game think that this whole shootout business is rediculous. In reality it is little more than a form of entertainment to please the people that are in the seats.