Adidess - (Adler Aristilde)Member since January 10, 2012
Habs fan since: 1990s
Favorite current player: PK, Pleks & the Gals
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:29:04)
I'm having to imagine what people's words mean because I can only follow through here... J'imagine les joeurs patiner comme des fous en ce moment, litéralement avec les fesses en feu. Is that what you're seeing? Une belle expression imagée par ailleurs :-)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:20:25)
You know, I wouldn't say that yet. On paper, this should help us a lot, but until we see it nothing is guaranteed. I certainly wouldn't want the players to start taking a playoff spot for granted and thinking about making it deep into the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:15:25)
Sorry, unable to edit: Vanek is a 'Big Coup'.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:13:52)
Ok being facetious here... Vanek is what we can call a . I did not have my hopes up that high honestly. Quite impressed the Habs pulled it off. Now let's go out there and secure that playoff spot. Too easy to forget, that's the prize we need to keep our eye on for now.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:09:32)
I think Dubnyk was considered a good prospect for some time. Having Waite on board does make me hope the Habs might get something out of him when it's all said and done.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:02:38)
Is there something mindbogglingly magical that happened in the last few hours? I checked in on HIO early afternoon and the consensus was MB sucked big hairy bulls! Now I am back now and 95% of fans say they're happy with the job he did today? Did we trade Weaver back to the Panthers or something? :-)
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-05 11:35:27)
To me, re-signing a veteran with an expiring contract, as opposed to trading him, means two key things. 1. The player has met or exceed expectations during the course of his contract/time with the team. 2. More important, the player is a key part of the future of the team (no ifs and buts about it). I'm on the fence regarding trading Markov because of the potentially nice return (see Craig Rivet), but you can really make a case both of these criteria apply to him. But Gionta? Seriously? How can one want an improved team going forward but also wants to re-up Gionta? Let's resign Moen while we're at it. I'm not comparing the two, just saying they'll each give you less and less every year that goes by.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 63 – Road trip begins with 2-1 loss in L.A. (2014-03-04 00:52:03)
I'm not watching and so few posts by the commentariat or the Blogmaster right now... Not the best use of scarce holiday time. I'll pray for a good outcome to this game, see you guys ;)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 63 – Road trip begins with 2-1 loss in L.A. (2014-03-04 00:09:49)
On a family vacation down in Mérida, Mexico... I like that I can follow the score in real time with this blog and know what my man Timo thinks about the game at the same time. I feel like I can say with confidence that the PP sucks ;)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 60 – Detroit dominates, wins 2-1 in OT (2014-02-26 21:36:06)
Can't believe how useless Emelin is right now on the ice.