Fagstein - (Steve Faguy)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-04 19:28:26)
Saturday and Sunday night City broadcasts are national, airing on all City stations. The five that are listed as "City Montreal" on our calendar or "CITYM" on the NHL schedule are regional games and should be blacked out in other regions. City Montreal is available on Bell Fibe in Toronto, on channel 279 or 1279 in HD. You may need to buy a time-shifting package to get it.
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-04 19:22:36)
Leaving aside the fact that you need Centre Ice to watch out-of-region games and whatever the "Rogers Management Center" is probably won't change that, there are not 82 games after January. The expectation is that most fans won't buy NHL Centre Ice. Consciously not buying it probably won't make a big difference.
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-04 06:37:39)
RDS's deal with the Canadiens does not include online streaming rights. Those belong to Rogers, which offers them through NHL GameCentre Live (except in the Canadiens' region). There is now no way to legally stream regional Canadiens games online in French in Montreal, unless I missed something.
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-04 06:35:18)
The words "keep things the way they are" are nowhere in my story. What are you quoting from? I'm not arguing that the current system is the better one. I'm saying the likelihood of the NHL and Rogers renegotiating their $5.2-billion deal (and having to renegotiate with Quebecor and Bell as well) because of predictable frustrations of hockey fans is just about nil. You can express your disapproval all you want, but the likelihood of this prompting changes beyond what has been announced remains unrealistically slim.
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-03 19:04:05)
Glad to see it's appreciated.
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-03 18:50:13)
All Saturday night games (21) are on TVA Sports, plus the season opener on Wednesday. All other games (60) and the two remaining preseason games are on RDS. All playoff games are on TVA Sports.
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-03 18:48:43)
No. Streaming rights went to Rogers as part of the deal, and games can be streamed only through NHL GameCentre Live.
- Comment on Game F. Seven!!! (2010-04-26 21:30:05)
That was unfortunate. How awesome would this have been as a 50-plus-save shutout in the playoffs? It was inevitable, though, with a tired team on the PK after an icing.
- Comment on Game F. Seven!!! (2010-04-26 21:27:20)
50 saves for Halak. A personal best in the National Hockey League.
- Comment on Game F. Seven!!! (2010-04-26 21:16:01)
In case you missed it, Lapierre responded to his second penalty with a "ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?" - Methinks others would agree with him.