GrosBill - (Jeremy Doucet)Member since December 27, 2011
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Robinson
-In my opinion, which is of course worthless.-
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 17:42:20)
Yup, hard to argue with you on his defensive play, at least in my opinion of him. I would never take him over M. Hossa type winger (productive and good defensively). This is one reason I thought the Leafs overpaid a bit for him. As a Hab fan, him + Phaneauf at 15 per year is fine with me. But try telling that to a Leaf fan. I totally agree with you that the Toronto centric coverage we get does make anything Leafs annoying, and usually blown way out of proportion. Hard to believe that Tor fans would start rooting for the USA though. I mean, if Max, PK, Markov, Plex and Price all played for the USA, I would still be cheering Team Canada on (though I would likely be rooting for them vs all the rest).
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 16:55:48)
Hate the Leafs, but Kessel is a really good player. They should not need to prove that to anyone at this point. He is a pretty one dimensional player, but very good at that one (very important) dimension. The same case could be made for Ovey. As for him on TC, you may be right. But, imagine if he did not make TC the Leaf nation reaction. That would almost make it worth it to leave him off, deserving or not.
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 16:47:34)
I am very happy that Price still gets the nod over Lou. His confidence seemed to be very high going in and hopefully it will be when he gets back. As he said, confidence is very important. What would a gold medal do for that? As for PK, ya sure, I would have liked to have seen him get more ice time. It does not look like that will happen this time around and seeing him get Ham's spot of 3-4 minutes a game really does not matter to me. Assuming the L and R is a factor, which apparently it is, I like Canada's top six. He would be #3 on that side behind Weber and Doughty on my team, but I like AP as well. Hoping for some turtleneck power against the USA. Captain Turtleneck pleck! I know PK not being there seems to have p/o many people. Though disappointed myself, I will be cheering TC as loudly as ever and hope the ones who have been lucky enough to land a spot bring back a gold. Go Canada go (even w/o PK)!
- Comment on About this afternoon … (2014-02-13 17:35:46)
Excited to see PK join the ranks tomorrow. I still think he will work his way into a steady position, especially if they seem to be struggling to score. He seemed to lose a bit of steam in Jan-Feb. I am hoping he performs well and comes back with tonnes of confidence, Price too. Triple low five!
- Comment on Dick Irvin the special guest on this week’s HI/O Show (2014-02-05 20:53:33)
Thanks for that, HiO. Was great hearing Irvin talk of the past. The stories he must have. Great guest for the show. I am sure many enjoyed it.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-31 12:56:28)
Post that on EOTP. I thought they may cut him some slack this morning, nope.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 21:50:42)
I know people will hate on this, but, Murray was solid for them tonight. He out muscled the Bs best many times tonight. Going to bed now so I don't have to read any fall out. Good game on the road in Bos, where the Bruins haven't lost many. Enjoy folks!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 17:51:33)
I know. It would definitely take more than Subban to get P.A.P. ;)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 17:21:36)
That is even crazier than most of the crazy ideas we propose on here. That would be one awkward press conference when MB announced that, whoa!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 54 – Rask routed as backup Budaj beats Boston (2014-01-30 17:18:42)
Boston is the Habs rival. No other team comes close IMO. Best rivalry in hockey. Go Habs!