GrosBill - (Jeremy Doucet)Member since December 27, 2011
Habs fan since: 1960
Favorite current player: PK
All-time favorite player: Robinson
-In my opinion, which is of course worthless.-
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 08:57:26)
Best analogy I have read regarding Bouillon so far (forget who posted it): Bouillon is like a baby's soother to MT. If you don't throw it away for good, he will keep reaching for it. Always liked Bouillon, but I feel it is time for him to move on and give some of the younger guys a shot.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 14:26:34)
@DarrenDreger: Rangers announce signing of Ryan Malone. 2 way deal. $700 000 NHL contract. $100 000 AHL contract
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 08:40:27)
Seems to me I also remember him muscling Pronger off the puck behind the net in a Canada vs Finland game (2006?) and setting up the winning goal. Tried to find a clip of it but no luck. Maybe I am mixing the play up with another.
- Comment on Habs’ Price ranked third-best goalie in league by NHL.com (2014-09-08 15:14:25)
He was certainly the better of the two in that series. My list would be the same as yours for the top 3.
- Comment on Updated: Habs icon Jean Béliveau recovering from pneumonia (2014-09-08 14:37:08)
Wow. I see that was a well researched article. Not sure how Clarkson was left off the list. We joke about the Phaneuf contract on here often, but I cannot think of a worse deal than Clarkson's on any Canadian team right now. Comments section was entertaining though.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 14:29:05)
I almost responded the same way earlier. I actually prefer the RDS "hacks" to any English broadcast. TSN was probably my favorite as far as English broadcasts go, but that is now a thing of the past. Weird, I have many anglo friends across the country who barely understand any French and still prefer RDS to any other. As for the commercials, I hate them in any language. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 09:44:32)
I doubt MB deals with the Leafs again anytime soon after the Gorges deal. He seemed pretty steamed when discussing the leak. I would think it would have to be an offer he can't refuse.
- Comment on Happy 83rd birthday to Habs legend Jean Béliveau (2014-09-02 14:25:05)
Tough to make the comparison. Penner's salary would likely be comparable to Dale Weise's, not Vanek's. But we will compare him to a 6 million dollar player anyway? If Penner wasn't frustrating, he would be getting big bucks instead of looking for a job in Sept. More of a Colby Armstrong like acquisition than Vanek at this point.
- Comment on Cournoyer speaks about vacant Habs captaincy (2014-08-25 12:35:05)
I am sure someone must have mentioned this on here in a previous thread already. Does anyone know anything about the guy other than he is MOAR big? "The #Habs are bringing in more size to their rookie camp as 6'6, 236 lb winger Tyler Hill (Ottawa, OHL) has been added to their invite list."
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-20 11:09:50)
GP barely played, how did he keep teams honest from the press box? Absolutely no loss there IMO. When he did come back, I cringed every time I watched him fight, I cringed more if I had to watch him play hockey. Murray played that role far more than GP did last year (and played many more games). Murray doesn't drop the gloves that often, but he surely didn't shy away from anyone.