mount royal - (nigel martin)Member since December 20, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 09:16:07)
Right on! If he was bad at lying, he might at least get some things right
- Comment on Habs select Russian forward Scherbak with first-round pick (2014-06-28 05:37:45)
I think that the Habs stole a winner.
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-14 16:07:27)
Everytime the Habs draft a francophone, people like you come out of the closet to somehow imply that, of course, it was not based on merit; it was biased. The fan base you are talking about wants a winning team...period, Sure, like in Toronto and everywhere else, the fans give special attention to a home boy, but what else do you actually expect? LL was a good choice that didn`t work out and that`s too bad for all concerned. He doesn`t have the attitude that MB wants. Others are looking for other qualities and hopefully LL will deliver and have a good career.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-10 21:46:45)
One of the trickiest things about veteran players is to trade them just at the right time; while their value is still high, but just before they begin their decline. Personally I think that for Gionta, Plecs and Gorges it will be all decline now. Gionta has limited trade bait value, but Pleks and Gorges could be of interest to many teams. Others who I believe are on the way down are Briere, Moen, and Markov. Briere and Markov have leadership value and can guide us through a transitional phase as the new youth are brought on board. Moen has little market value, but also little to offer us for the future.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-27 08:24:06)
After the Boston series about half of the HIO posts were concentrated on who we would meet in the finals. Now , these same band-wagon types are talking about who should be traded during the summer. In the meantime folks, we have a game TONIGHT. For now, that is the only game we have to win.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 19:29:42)
2 centimetres to the left and the series would be 2-2. No wholesale reassessment is required. Tomorrow, I expect them to come out flying and I expect them to stay flying en route to a clear victory. That will pump them up enough to handle the MSG game and then back to the frenetic, friendly confines.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-25 23:30:14)
Max: comment about someone who just lost their mother. But you probably didn't even notice what you said.
- Comment on Rangers’ Stepan has broken jaw; Habs’ Prust suspended two games (2014-05-23 22:51:03)
I think that he has scoring skill, but has lost confidence in his offensive abilities. He made some brilliant plays at the beginning of the year. He still is very helpful because of his speed and hos good forechecking.
- Comment on Rangers, Habs meet in playoffs for first time since 1996 (2014-05-16 22:50:30)
When we start jumping directly from savouring the victory over the Bruins to immediately speculating on the finals, I get worried. I really hope that the players are in the NOW. If they are not, and if they are thinking like many commentators here, they won`t have a chance against the RANGERS!
- Comment on Bell Centre sells out for fans to watch Game 7 from Boston (2014-05-14 06:46:18)
They had no chance to get him. What do you mean again? Their drafting in the past couple of years has been excellent.