mount royal - (nigel martin)Member since December 20, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs vs. Predators preview: Carey Price will start in goal (2015-01-20 14:19:05)
Yeah; Pacioretté looks good for the C. However, I agree that he been lobbying just a little too much for my comfort; continually talking about his desire to be a leader. P J; (Pierre -Jacques) would be my choice.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-19 10:46:22)
Drop it please. You are showing your own bias; not that of RDS.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-04 19:31:36)
If you read or watch the TO media, you would think that the Hbas are nothing without Price. It seems to be the only way they can acknowledge Hab superiority. Last night for about 5 solid minutes the Habs reminded me of the Flying Frenchmen at their best, and I can go back to pre-Beliveau days. They skated and passed the P`s like they were standing still, which, on occasion, they were. We have real quality up front and our D is getting better. Price is great, no doubt , but we also win with Takorski. Hold on to your hats guys; barring a bad injury run, we are just going to get better.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Devils preview (2015-01-01 18:40:08)
Oshawa is going for the Memorial Cup this year and London is going for the future. Both teams win and Big Mike gets lucky!
- Comment on Habs enjoy a day off in Florida on New Year’s Eve (2014-12-31 22:00:15)
Yeah, MT is a bad coach. the Habs are in first place in spite of him. He doesn`t smile enough. He is the reason Subban (it was his agent!!) got paid $9m a year..nothing to do `with Subban`s actual market value. Yeah...right! Give the MT bashing a break. He is actually a barrel of laughs compared to Bowman...who was openly detested by the players and who was just the best coach of his time. This is nothing more than old-style Quebecer-bashing. It makes me sick.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-30 09:21:15)
I am very suspicious of people who talk about the need for Subban to `mature`. I find his comments when interviewed very thoughtful and mature. His on ice play is dramatic and , like everybody, he makes mistakes, but he is already playing more conservatively (and getting complaints about it!). Nobody says that Beaulieu or Tinordi need to mature. Instead, its `they need more experience`.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Cup-holders (2014-12-12 22:29:18)
DD did pretty well without Pax tonight
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Cup-holders (2014-12-12 22:28:28)
six goals will usually win you the game
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-29 10:48:19)
If one line gets hot and combines for 3 or 4 goals to help win a game in which our goalie lets in some soft goals, nobody says that they stole the game. So, why does a hot goalie steal the game? He is as much a part of the team game plan as anybody. Just like the forwards and defencemen, he is chosen because of his ability to help win some games.
- Comment on Habs ride 4-game win streak into Edmonton vs surging Oilers (2014-10-27 16:20:29)
I just hope that the Habs don`t consider tonight as a `light game`. Edmonton is finally on a role and any hint of overconfidence by the Habs will, most likely, result in a loss.