mount royal - (nigel martin)Member since December 20, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-08 08:41:02)
I am going dizzy trying to figure out who I want most to lose tonight; TO or TB?
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-07 13:19:24)
Gee Timo, We only ended up in second place after being generally picked not to make the playoffs. And we did all this with a `buffoon` coach?? Perhaps the real buffoon is in your mirror.
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-06 22:31:36)
PK is a major part of the future of the Habs. He will get a fair offer. Then, its up to him (or his agent).
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-06 14:34:59)
I am getting increasingly worried about Subban and I don`t blame MT for any part of my worry. He is consistently slow with his first pass. There is someone in the open, he makes a move, and then hesitates, and then it is too late; that split-second window has gone. My assessment is that he really prefers to carry the puck. He avoids the pass, because he wants to move it forward himself. So, he will make his patented spin and then take off with that incomparable stride that is so beautiful to watch. However, it is not working any more. I watch how Markov quarterbacks the defence , always assessing what the best play might be. Whereas with PK, I see him positioning himself to shoot and then if that doesn`t work, simply making a pass to the safe side and then re-positioning himself to make a one-timer. I acknowledge that he has excellent passing skills and vision; I just think that he has his priorities a little confused right now.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-06 14:00:53)
Read your Habs history. You deliver or you are gone; irrespective of other factors. Ignorant comment. Benched and/or moved out: ; Leblanc, Brisebois, Tanguay, Beauchemin, Bouillon, and dozens more.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-06 12:39:06)
I have been following the Habs for over 60 years. They are an integral part of OUR community, They are not separate from `us`, the fans. I can appreciate the skills of a 19 year-old player today as much as I could of Belliveau and the Rocket. In my view for RR to find my appreciation of todays`talent `creepy`is serious ageism on his part. I watch my 15 year-old grandson play hockey and I am in awe of the cultural bonding that we share across the years. We share our love for the game and for the Habs. I can only hope that some day you will experience that same feeling of generational unity and its importance in our lives.
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-03 14:36:52)
Different elbow pads those days.
- Comment on Habs’ Emelin returns to Montreal for family reasons (2014-03-31 20:45:04)
He was a rather pathetic coach of the Bruins as I recall. Made a fool of himself at the forum and got laughed out of town. Kind of disappeared since then. I seem to remember that he couldn`t really speak French or English. He was what you might call non-lingual.
- Comment on About this weekend … (2014-03-17 10:07:24)
Lighten up. OLE is expressing a love of the game and the team. Should we be like Toronto fans and sit on our hands discussing our mortgages?
- Comment on Habs return home, won’t practise until Tuesday (2014-03-10 11:24:42)
Not good enough. They need to choose someone with no Toronto connections. Someone who actually lives outside of the Toronto area. This is our national network and I am fed up with it beinf a cheerleader for the Leafs. I