Phil C - (Philip C)Member since December 15, 2011
Habs fan since: I was 6 years old
Favorite current player: Alex Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 20:37:51)
I don't think Diaz is that bad, so I would suggest it is sample size. This is where the stats can get out of control, as we have seen a lot of Diaz so we shouldn't need stats to tell us what to think of his game. Hartley was raving about Diaz in the pre-season. The problem in Calgary is that Diaz is stuck behind too many players that are just like him; small, but speedy puck movers like Russell, Brodie, and Wideman. He's not going to take a roster spot from role players like Smid or Engellend, or certainly not a Norris candidate like Giordano. So he sits. Once the injury bug bites in Calgary, Diaz will get his chance again.
- Comment on Canadiens now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes; Eric Tangradi called up from Hamilton (2014-11-25 12:23:14)
The NHL Commissioner, from the official definition, " is charged with protecting the integrity of the game of professional hockey and preserving public confidence in the League." So making money does not alone justify his actions, although your point about the attraction of expansion is valid. Even harder would be getting owners to pay up front to buy out a franchise for the purpose of contraction.
- Comment on New Hab Bryan Allen will be in the lineup against Bruins (2014-11-22 15:16:55)
Interesting, so any extra salary comes out of the player's share of HRR?
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-22 11:08:39)
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 19:43:47)
Tell him to keep fighting, I'm pulling for him in spirit.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 16:13:38)
I think he would score well also and he is only going to get better.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 16:05:45)
Too bad, he was always one of my favorite non Habs. If they ever come up with a stat for whether or not the player does something good with the puck, Alfredsson's numbers would be off the charts. Always put on a show too. There were a few Ottawa games I attended that would have been awful if not for Alfredsson putting on a show every shift.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 16:01:18)
That is highly likely. I would think Nate is on his way to Hamilton, although they haven't sent him yet.
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-21 15:53:15)
Any indication of what the D pairings will be? It would not surprise me to see them play with 7 D again to experiment with the pairings. I never would have picked the Emelin-Gonchar pairing but it seems to work.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-21 11:31:24)
The one thing Montreal never did was try Bourque on the right where he had success in Calgary. It will be interesting if Anaheim tries him there.