HankHardball - (Byron Athanasiou)Member since December 9, 2011
Habs fan since: Early 60's
Favorite current player: Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Beliveau
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty named NHL’s second star of week (2013-11-26 08:12:38)
The local City TV affiliate just said there will be NHL games broadcast in Quebec on CBC (possibly Radio Canada), TVA, TVASport, Sportsnet and City TV. Presumably all Habs games will be broadcast as usual. But adjustments may have to be made to people's Videotron packages to include TVASport.
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty named NHL’s second star of week (2013-11-26 07:35:01)
The TVA sports channel will split the Habs with CBC (likely Radio Canada). TVA to carry at least 22 games per season.
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty named NHL’s second star of week (2013-11-26 07:12:56)
No more NHL on TSN or RDS. New Canadian contract goes to Sportsnet. TVASport to handle Habs games.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 19 – Canadiens rally late but lose 2-1 in Shootout; Price makes 44 saves (2013-11-12 23:44:53)
Stop trapping sooner.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 19 – Canadiens rally late but lose 2-1 in Shootout; Price makes 44 saves (2013-11-12 23:34:47)
The Canadiens problem is the same as it's always been: they can't score. They've know played about a quarter of the season and they're averaging 2.5 goals per game. In their last 10 games, they've averaged 2 goals per game. That's not good enough to make the playoffs.
- Comment on Brière will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2013-11-12 12:23:51)
Once is an accident. Twice, a coincidence. Three times, a pattern. Four times, a strategy.
- Comment on Brière will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2013-11-12 12:15:40)
Once again a team doing well plays Boston and loses their most productive scorer to a major injury. Hmmm.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-27 10:47:35)
Success for the NHL means 3 Canadian teams. Even though MTL is currently in 6th place overall in the Eastern Conference, because the top 3 teams of each division automatically qualify for the playoffs, the Habs would actually be the 8th place wildcard if the season finished today. Plus, Washington, Columbus, Ottawa are 3 of the teams on the outside looking in. Which is likely to change over the course of the season. Add to that, there are 16 teams in the Eastern Conference under the new alignment instead of the previous 15. So it will be significantly more difficult for teams like MTL to make the playoffs than it has been in recent years. The intentional inequity in the new playoff ranking system will likely mean some teams will make the playoffs with fewer regular season points than some of those who don't. That situation previously existed by Conference, but now they've made it Divisonal also. The most likely beneficiaries of the intentional inequity will be US teams. It will further hurt the potential for on ice success of already handicapped Canadian teams. And it adds to Bettman and the league using Canadian financial successes to subsidize American financial failures. With all this in mind, it points to current league governorship's ideal vision for a successful NHL that could truly compete in North American popularity with the NBA, MLB, and NFL, as being a league with only 3 Canadian teams: TOR, MTL, & VAN. And sadly, they're probably right.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-20 09:19:15)
If the call is questionable, you go to video review and they change the decision if it's wrong. The refs aren't supposed to change the on ice call and then go for review.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-10 10:35:15)
Okay. So he's UFA eligible in 2016. It doesn't change what I wrote. It just extends it 2yrs.