The Gonk - (Shanti Dogra)Member since December 7, 2011
Habs fan since: 1906
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Gaston Gingras
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 73 – Budaj brilliant, Galchenyuk’s Shootout goal beats Bruins (2014-03-24 23:24:25)
Wonderful win tonight. Hope Travis and Dale are back soon. Great game by Budaj - tremendous display after some so-so results. Murray was a beast! Tonight those folks at EOTP can choke on their steroid statistics. Great game by Weaver too. MB deserves a lot of kudos and as much as pain me, MT does too. We probably won't make it to the SC finals, but this team right now sure wouldn't surprise me if it did. I can say I haven't had that feeling since 93. Go Habs go.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-26 02:50:19)
I've been a Habs fan for 40 years running. I'm never going to stop but I think I know a bad watershed Habs situation when I see it. The Roy trade still ranks as the lowest point of our recent history and the entire 2011-2012 season debacle comes second. Tonight's game was emblematic of an embarrassing stretch of bad play that is now metastasizing into the third. With respect to Boone, I think he's wrong. While the composition of this team has major holes, I nevertheless think there's enough talent to compete and play decent hockey as a threat in the Eastern Conference (and while they're not an elite team I still feel they're better than their recent showing). I think the team's failure largely sits with MT. He strikes me as is insecure and his turbid psyche pervades many of his decisions: proverbial line tinkering, unprocessed line changes and in-games adjustments, and most egregiously his inability to adopt puck-possession strategies that utilizes the Habs speed and skill to play attacking hockey. Which all leads us to MB and his complicity (if not direction) on how the team plays. He's likeable (he's the anti-Gauthier) but is he wise? How do you let MT make these decisions if they aren't reflecting your like-minded thoughts and perceptions? If it is the case the coach does align with you, then your assessment of your talent isn't good or else your chosen style of play doesn't fit the team you have. Either way a change is needed. Immediately.
- Comment on Habs given day off Thursday after loss in Philly (2014-01-09 12:30:27)
Here's Eric Engel's take on last night's fiasco: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=82 Can't say I disagree.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 42 – Canadiens win a wild one in Dallas to begin 2014 (2014-01-02 20:53:33)
Should've called a time-out :) my bad
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 42 – Canadiens win a wild one in Dallas to begin 2014 (2014-01-02 20:50:58)
DD against Sequin in the d-zone face-off. Nice thinking.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 38 – Canadiens blow 3-0 lead but DD wins it in OT (2013-12-21 22:06:28)
Now's the time to trade DD.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 36 – Canadiens explode in third, win 3-1 (2013-12-17 22:08:43)
nice comeback. where have they been for past 5 games however?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 36 – Canadiens explode in third, win 3-1 (2013-12-17 21:12:38)
The game is over, the Habs don't do comebacks in the 3rd. Prust is bummed out for Xmas sake! Come on Habs!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 36 – Canadiens explode in third, win 3-1 (2013-12-17 21:07:55)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 36 – Canadiens explode in third, win 3-1 (2013-12-17 21:02:52)
Uninspired hockey by the Habs,; tedious game to watch so far.