lgc_liam - (Liam Connor)Member since November 29, 2011
Habs fan since: 1992, by birthright
Favorite current player: Max Pacioretty
All-time favorite player: Guy Lafleur
- Comment on Audio: Prust wants to be part of exciting change with Habs (2012-07-01 22:20:09)
Top signings. Bouillon was always one of my favourite Habs just because of the way he always gave every single thing he had on the ice. Prust and Armstrong are two more team-first guys, and should be great in the locker room. This team is going to be a lot harder to play against next year. I honestly don’t mind having a terrible record for one more year, as long as that team plays their hearts out and shows some signs of improvement. Another lottery offensive pick is key to building a Cup-winner
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens sign Colby Armstrong, Francis Bouillon, Brandon Prust (2012-07-01 22:04:08)
- Comment on Update: Darche has played his last with Habs (2012-06-27 21:07:53)
As in more educated players. Just at first glance, I think I see at least 3 Ivy Leaguers
- Comment on Habs release list of qualifying offers to their RFAs (2012-06-25 20:53:01)
I really hope we don't continue this apparent policy of playing AHL-quality journeymen instead of budding star youngsters
- Comment on Canadiens draft Collberg, Thrower in second round; Bozon in third (2012-06-23 13:30:23)
I really just don't see both Pleks and DD coexisting once we have Gally. Pleks (on reputation + all-around game) is the more tradable asset, so it'd be nice to package him and get a big winger. One of Eller or Leblanc could be a solid 50-60 point second-line winger in a good situation I think
- Comment on Canadiens draft Collberg, Thrower in second round; Bozon in third (2012-06-23 12:12:02)
Right now we have DD, Gally, Eller, LL, and Bournival all as young and promising prospects at centre. Of those 3, Eller/LL/Bournival all project as safe bets to be solid-not-spectacular average sized 2/3rd liners. Just wondering what people expect us to look like down the middle in 2 years time or so
- Comment on Canadiens draft Collberg, Thrower in second round; Bozon in third (2012-06-23 12:00:03)
Since I was old enough to fully comprehend the entry draft, this is the first time I have been actually EXCITED about our picks, brilliant work team
- Comment on Gorges signs six-year contract (2012-01-01 22:26:21)
Yes the cap hit sucks, but I'm really happy to have him locked up long term. One of my favourite Habs, a great potential captain, and one of the league's best shutdown defensemen.
- Comment on Liveblog: Plus ça change … Devils 5 – Canadiens 3 (2011-12-17 21:42:42)
Another display of mediocrity. I could take being a non-playoff team if we were actually rebuilding. While not making the playoffs isn't acceptable for the Montreal Canadiens, in this league you have to be bad before you can get the right players to challenge. Let the young ones grow, while playing entertaining hockey, and get rid of the overpaid hacks for some draft picks. A young, energetic team is entertaining to watch at least, rather than the lazy and uninspired show we had tonight.
- Comment on Audio: Blueline swap brings Kaberle in deal for Spacek (2011-12-09 15:20:34)
This is quite near the worst I've felt as a Habs fan. Kaberle will most likely be a liability on the ice, and he's undeniably past his prime, which even then wasn't spectacular. More importantly, we're stuck with a contract for 3 years that is going to leave us unable to re-sign a core player. I'm genuinely worried for the future. While I would never endorse giving up, there are times when it is better to cut your losses and focus on rebuilding. We're stuck in a position where it will be very difficult to make the playoffs this year, and we need either draft picks or young players. Not an aging, failing power-play 'specialist' making more than 4 million a year for the next 3.