bellcentre hotdog - (Jeff Aldus)Member since November 26, 2011
Habs fan since: I was born
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Thomas Vanek and Wild up next for Canadiens (2014-12-03 00:49:54)
My Grandpa was a huge Jean Beliveau fan. 'Always a gentleman' he used to say. This is how many of us become fans of one team or another ... Through our parents or others with influence. I became a Habs fan with a little guidance from my Grandpa, even though it was easy to love the team I grew up with in the 70s led by Lafleur and Robinson and many other great players. But number 4 always remained special. It always will. I had the great privilege to meet Jean Beliveau about 10 years ago. My buddy and I used to record a radio feature on Team 990 called Habtalk. Jean Beliveau recorded with us one day, and he had a terrific sense of humor. Before he left, we asked, 'Jean ... Why do they only drink from glasses in Toronto?' and without missing a beat he smiled and said, 'Because all the cups are in Montreal!' He knew that old joke well. Jean Beliveau epitomized the CH. Always classy. Always dignified. Always a winner. He was loyal to the end to both his family and team. The world is a sadder place without him, and I've got a very heavy heart tonight.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 00:14:28)
Talent on a team is one thing. But chemistry is arguably more important. And the team chemistry starts at the top with GM Bergevin. He has assembled a mix of young and veteran players, all of whom seem to want to play/win for each other.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens top lines key rout of Wild (2014-11-08 20:27:12)
The question is ... How many more garbage periods of hockey do they have to play before something changes?
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-06 14:39:54)
DD plays 1st line centre. Big minutes. Crucial situations. The expectaion from this position has to be offence/goals. But that's not what's happening on the 1st line. Or the PP. My point is I think it's time to give someone else a chance. It's time to pass the torch ... to somebody bigger, faster, and more talented.
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-06 13:47:09)
Trying Plekanec or Galchenyuck as 1st line center would never work. In fact, that idea is so ludicrous I don't know why I even wrote that.
- Comment on Canadiens’ Beaulieu says he’s ready for anything; Tinordi sent down to Hamilton (2014-11-06 13:41:02)
DD: 14GP 1G 5A DD's paltry 6 points can obviously be boiled down to 1 thing: lack of icetime. Playing 1st line minutes, the 1st line PP, and shifts in OT simply are not enough. He needs time on the PK, and should be double shifted whenever possible. If MT can possibly get DD's minutes up to 30-40 per game, perhaps DD can finally break the 61 point barrier ... and we can start planning that long awaited parade down St Catherines St.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 22:31:59)
Another 'win'. Their record is smoke and mirrors.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 22:15:47)
1 goal in 6 periods. 3 goals in 3 games. No offence. No fire. No passion. I can only think of 1 person who can be held accountable: The coach.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 22:01:04)
Simply unable to score.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 21:47:53)
I hate both those teams.