HABitual Fan - (Derek Brace)Member since October 31, 2011
Habs fan since: 1958
Favorite current player: Gionta
All-time favorite player: Peter Mahovlich
"... it's still better than cheering for the Leafs!"
- Comment on Habs’ Emelin returns to Montreal for family reasons (2014-03-31 22:56:20)
My wife and I attended the game against the Panthers and will be heading over to Tampa to see the Habs take on the Bolts tomorrow (a well timed vacation). It's interesting to see the number of Habs fans attending these games; far more fans cheering for them than the home team. It's almost as cheap to fly down and watch the games as it is to buy tickets in Montreal! I was 3 rows back from ice level and paid $50 each for the tickets. But to be honest...with no more intensity than was diplayed in that game, 50 bucks was plenty to pay! I pity the poor sods dishing out $300+ bucks a seat to watch the product being delivered in some rinks...like Toronto, for example.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 08:05:59)
Agreed! Is it too much to expect a little objectivity from so called "professionals". They pretty much refer to the Leafs as "we".
- Comment on Habs’ Price won’t be ready to face Bruins (Video) (2014-03-12 09:00:55)
That gold medal cost our team dearly and when he does get back, expect him to be rusty for a few days...perhaps leading to another loss or two. They're ok for the moment, as long as those fighting for the last couple of positions continue to play poorly, but the boys can't afford to lose many more. I see the Bruins pouring it on tonight; can't see them losing 6 in a row against the Habs.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:30:28)
Agreed! I was a teenager when Big Pete played. He was my favorite player at the time. Remember that goal against the Russians?
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 15:25:02)
Wow...I like that deal!!!! Plan the parade! :)
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 13:38:49)
Wouldn't it be funny if the Sens missed the playoffs by one game, the 2pts they gave up to A. Hemsky and the a Oilers last night. They should have had him pulled in between periods!!! :)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 57 – Canadiens douse Flames 2-0 (2014-02-04 20:56:09)
sorry Rene...but you are useless! We want Cammy back!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 57 – Canadiens douse Flames 2-0 (2014-02-04 20:47:11)
Compare that roughing penalty with the no-calls on Gally the other night!!! ......and Eller! What are ya thinkin' about? They've been calling that stupid penalty all year!!! Just don't use your hand on the face-off for crying out loud!!!
- Comment on Habs get day off Sunday to lick their wounds (2014-01-26 17:13:18)
There was a day when consecutive no shows like this team has been handing us, would not have been rewarded with another day off. In my mind, these millionaires should be earning their time off.....it's certainly not because they are exhausted due to effort. Imagine, these guys are on the ice for a total of 6-26 minutes per game spread out over nearly 3 hours. For most of them, even at the lofty level they play, it's hardly enough to break a sweat! Poor ol' Ian and crew have to pay $500 to witness this embarrassment! The GM should have met them at the gate with refunds!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-01-23 10:53:13)
Nothing personal Lad, but Davey is a dandy hockey player...don't understand how you can't see that. His only knock is something completely out of his control; his size. He's unselfish to a fault, as most good centers are (yeah, I played center for 4 decades...so I'm getting pretty long in the tooth!:) "... it's still better than cheering for the Leafs!"