RD - (Patrick Gardner)Member since October 31, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Fans might need to adjust cable package to see all Habs games in new NHL TV deal (2013-11-26 12:57:42)
I think this is a travesty. I find TSN/RDS are fantastic at covering hockey. Now we're going to have to go back to amateur hour on Sportsnet?
- Comment on Toronto transit workers don’t want to wear Habs colours (2013-08-20 14:23:45)
As a life long habs fan, I wouldn't want fans of a loser team wearing habs colours either. 1967...
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2013-03-15 14:57:32)
I get your point. Last year, his first full year in the NHL, he was a 60 point center. This year, he's on pace to be a 35-45 point center. He's a bargain if he's 60...kinda steep if we get 45 points.
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2013-03-15 14:43:29)
Toronto is hardly considered a beacon for intelligent contracts. If I'm not mistaken, Darcy Tucker is still on their books.
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:25:55)
Desharnais has one full season under his belt. Does this track record translate into him being a perennial 60 point center? Plekanecs had a 69 point season on a line with Kovalev, is he a perrenial 69 point getter? Now way no how... I hope he gets tons of points but who actually knows how consistently he'll be able to produce? He cracked the NHL too late in his career, now MB is rolling the dice on him.
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:20:45)
In the cap era, teams can't afford to just reward players. The idea is that this is exactly what he's worth, though I would have put the number lower.
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:19:14)
Do you know how serious a high ankle sprain is? Granted, achilles tear is the mother of all tears but high ankle sprains have a permanent impact on the ankle. Rehab can increase strength but you don't grow back those torn lateral ligaments. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Zewi7Qzmac4/TPudd0aY8iI/AAAAAAAAArw/yXJyxfVaQF8/s1600/DSC00359.JPG
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:16:15)
You'll have to trade him then. He's too small for the wing. It's not like he's strong on the puck like Gionta and there's only so much room on a roster for 5'6 wingers.
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:14:45)
DD is extremely undersized to be a 3rd line center. He's also more of an offensive player, not a defensive guy. He needs to be top 2 or his place is in jeopardy.
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:10:57)
Which was the last place team in the east last year with the same player. David Desharnais has not been the difference this year. Furthermore, people can talk about how he's tireless but try to find a comparison of an undersized top 2 center that does not usually win faceoffs that makes 3.5.