BramScott - (scott baker)Member since October 27, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Sharks vs. Canadiens preview: Habs’ Subban fined again for diving (2015-03-21 14:15:31)
The english broadcast of tonight's game will be on on the CBC and will have HNIC's "A" team of Hughson, Simpson and Healy doing the commentary. I find this very surprising as their is an all Canadian matchup with the Leafs playing the Sens. I'm not a fan of Hughson's style, find his blend of play call and analysis very annoying. I'm also not digging the TVA guy, find he's over excited and over discripetive. I really miss RDS on Sat. nights and Pierre Houde.
- Comment on Panthers vs. Canadiens preview: Tinordi in lineup for Habs (2015-02-19 14:09:27)
I have seen a few posts this week with the posters wishing for a way to watch the games on TV without hearing the annoying announcers while still being able to hear the game sounds. This can be done if you have a surround sound system. Most games are broadcast with the play by play coming through the centre speaker with the arena and game sounds coming through the left ans right speakers, so simply unplug the centre speaker. The system I have lets me be able to adjust the volume of each speaker in the system. This is great for Hab's road broadcasts as I find they are often not mic'ed as well as the Centre Bell.
- Comment on Panthers vs. Canadiens preview: Tinordi in lineup for Habs (2015-02-19 13:57:25)
RDS broadcasts in Surround Sound . If you have a system unplug or turn down the centre speaker, which is what the commentary comes out of. You will be able to hear the game and arena sounds through the left and right speakers.
- Comment on Oilers vs. Canadiens preview: Tokarski will start in goal for Habs (2015-02-11 19:17:32)
If you have a surround sound system unplug the centre speaker. This will eliminate the commentary. You will still get the game and arena sounds from the left and right speakers.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow early lead, lose to ‘Yotes (2015-02-01 14:06:43)
It's possible that they may have the RDS broadcast blacked out due to the game is available nationally on City
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow early lead, lose to ‘Yotes (2015-02-01 14:03:48)
I was unable to view yesterdays game on my French Centre Ice channel because it was blacked out due to the game being available nationally on Sportsnet to which I do not subscribe. Today's game is available nationally on CityTv and my LNH Centre Ice is not blacked out (Yeah!). I have now noticed that next Sunday's big game against the Bruins is being aired Nationally on Sportsnet (Boo!). Will now spend the week wondering and being worried if I will be able to view that match. Man I hate Roger's, Bell , the NHL, Bettman... .
- Comment on Liveblog: Pacioretty wins it in OT (2015-01-31 14:12:46)
I switched from Rogers to Bell about 5-6 years ago when I bought my first HD tv for the sole reason that Bell had RDS in HD and Roger's didn't. The programming packages offered by Bell at that time didn't include Sportsnet channels as they are Rogers owned and Bell was in a disput with them because Rogers wasn"t making the then new TSN2 available. You had to pay extra ($5 a month for HD) in order to get the channel and I never bothered as I didn,t think it was worth it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Pacioretty wins it in OT (2015-01-31 13:53:42)
I'm getting screwed by the NHL/ROGERS blackout rules today. I live in Toronto area and subscribe to the NHL Centre Ice French package through Bell and havn't had a problem viewing the RDS games until today when I tuned to channel 1462 and was greeted to a black screen. Spent 30 mins with a Bell rep who finally determined the reason I can't view today's game is because it is a national game on Sportsnet. The rep offered to add Sprtsnet to my package for $2.50 a month. SCREW YOU Rogers, I will suffer and miss the game. You will not be getting money from me
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Emelin will be in lineup for Habs (2015-01-14 14:17:16)
I believe they term originated in a TV ad by Nike about 10 or more years ago. Memory is hazy but I think it featured Markus Nasland stickhandling through an arena's stands and then taken a shot that rebounds of of several objects such as the scoreboard before entering the net.
- Comment on Habs looking for fourth straight win in Tampa; Plekanec NHL’s first star of week (2014-10-13 14:11:28)
I'm in Brampton and have Bell Satellite TV