BramScott - (scott baker)Member since October 27, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blue Jackets preview: Emelin will be in lineup for Habs (2015-01-14 14:17:16)
I believe they term originated in a TV ad by Nike about 10 or more years ago. Memory is hazy but I think it featured Markus Nasland stickhandling through an arena's stands and then taken a shot that rebounds of of several objects such as the scoreboard before entering the net.
- Comment on Habs looking for fourth straight win in Tampa; Plekanec NHL’s first star of week (2014-10-13 14:11:28)
I'm in Brampton and have Bell Satellite TV
- Comment on Habs looking for fourth straight win in Tampa; Plekanec NHL’s first star of week (2014-10-13 13:38:54)
RDS is blacked out west of Bellville Ont. In order to be exempt from this blackout you can purchase a French language version of Centre Ice for $59.99. that gives you the RDS broadcasts of the Canadiens and Senators. I live in the GTA and was able to purchase this package from Bell.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Finding Tinordi (2014-10-05 12:49:37)
As a kid who grew out just outside Toronto in the late 70's I remember having 3 CBC sations available (Toronto, Barrie, Peterboro). The Leaf game would be aired on the Toronto and Barrie channels and the Habs would be on the Peterboro channel as the Habs were always the National game then while the Leafs were limited to the "Maple Leaf region" .
- Comment on Breaking down how to watch Habs on TV this season (2014-10-05 12:19:47)
I live in Brampton and was able to order this package form Bell Satellite TV. I ordered by using the www.bell.ca website and using their 'live chat' feature. I told the rep I would like to purchase the French Language Centre Ice package. The rep told me it was available for $60 and then transferred me to anothor rep to complete the purchase. Only took about 5 mins or so to complete the transaction.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ottawa draws first blood in meaningless weekend series (2014-10-03 21:17:16)
Has anybody out there ordered the French language Centre Ice package from Bell and are you able to watch the game tonight? I ordered the package today and i'm not getting the game. I just finished a very fustrating 90 min chat session with a rep who after making me try several technical things to get the game told me the reason i'm not getting it is because it's blacked out in my region. WTF! I told here the whole point of purching the package is to watch games that are blacked out in my region. She did not seem to grasp this concept and when I asked to speak to a different agent she refused and said that any other agent would tell me the same thing. I then asked if the reason the game was blacked out could be because it was a pre-season game and maybe the package is only for the regular season. She could not answer this and kept repeating the Centre Ice policy that says "all games may not be available in your region"
- Comment on Liveblog: Ottawa draws first blood in meaningless weekend series (2014-10-03 17:46:28)
Yes, I'm with Bell Satelitte TV and live in the GTA too.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ottawa draws first blood in meaningless weekend series (2014-10-03 17:24:52)
I just ordered the French version of Centre Ice from Bell. Price is $60 for the season. Was told it will take about 2hrs for my receivers to be updated with the package so hopefully I will be able to watch tonight. I used the live chat on their website and it took less then 10 minutes to do the deal.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 15:27:16)
I just checked the Rogers website and the french package is available from them on either Game Centre or Centre Ice.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-29 15:11:55)
FWIW,I just talked to a Bell rep via the live chat feature on their website regarding the availability of the french language Centre Ice package. The rep said that this will not be available from Bell. I informed the rep that Rogers has this package available for $59.99 and I would considering switching to them in order to receive it. The rep then informed me that Bell will have this package available but not until next year. I asked the rep to clarify weather next year meant Jan. 2015 or the next NHL season. Rep replied that Bell would not have the french language Centre Ice availiable for this season.