J Dub - (Jeff Whyte)Member since October 20, 2011
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Roy
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-12 17:03:12)
This is nuts. Plex is actually my favourite player on the team, but he should not be on with Patches (even though they have decent chemisty) because Plex is about shut down and Patches is about scoring. Same goes for Galch with Prust and PAP? PAP *maybe* makes sense because he can score, but Prust is not going to keep up with Galch. These lines strike me as having NO synergy. And Sekac on the 4th line? WTF is Therien doing there? Sure he's made a few mistakes and hasn't been perfect the last few games, but he's more than proven himself a better hockey player in every respect than Dale Wiese (who I also like, but I think should never, ever be taken off the 4th line where he shines the most). The lines to me should be something like: Patches-Galch-Gallagher DD-Plex-Sekac Prust-Eller-PAP Bournial-(Manny/Sven)-Wiese Isn't is obvious that these combinations ensure that everyone is playing to their strengths, and not over/under-playing? Like, the most frustrating thing to watch is Dale Wiese pretending he's a top 6 guy. I like the guy a lot, but he's a 4th liner, and damn good one.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 23:08:16)
I don't know what you expect. He had some scoring droughts, but his defensive play has been excellent and consistent (he does get caught sometimes, but its because he is trying to create offense)
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 23:05:26)
Bournival had a bad night and blew some chances, but he's getting no TOI. I would like to see him with Plex and Sekac tbh. He's got the skill (remember the playoffs?). I think people are being too hard on him.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 23:03:37)
YES. Plex and Sekac were invisible because Wiese blew the play every time.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 23:02:54)
Guys relax. PK had a bad game, but he's been playing great all year.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 23:01:10)
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 22:50:44)
Do you mean DD? He played a good game...
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 22:50:03)
I think Wiese has been terrible on the second line, and I *like* Wiese, but he can't work with Plex and Sekac. He's a fourth line banger, and a good one, but I just can't stand to see him unable to keep up with Plex and Sekac on the cycle.
- Comment on Liveblog: Ducks edge Canadiens on Saku Night (2014-12-18 22:33:05)
Tangradi's a bum. Ship him back plz
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-13 02:19:29)
Anyone notice that players are shooting high short side on Price a lot now? Is the book out?