James VannelliMember since October 5, 2011
Habs fan since: Forever
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on No lineup changes expected for Habs vs. Avalanche (2014-10-18 04:16:59)
Met him at a bar once. Seemed pretty down to earth. Can't see why anyone would be slamming him. He's a proud Montrealer and Habs fan!
- Comment on Habs will have plenty to work on at practice (2014-10-15 12:11:07)
I hope the HIO team is listening...
- Comment on Habs will have plenty to work on at practice (2014-10-15 03:19:20)
The Devils roster fascinates me. I've never seen so many veteran free agents assembled on one team.
- Comment on Habs will have plenty to work on at practice (2014-10-15 03:17:38)
Stamkos was laying the hits on the Habs D instead.
- Comment on Habs will have plenty to work on at practice (2014-10-15 03:16:33)
Yup, they gave a "big look" to a site that should have kept it's simple blog roll. And as previously stated, it is the poorest load time that I've ever seen for a slider. I cannot understand how the developers found that the job was sufficient. Really sad. I also skip directly to the news page now.
- Comment on Habs will have plenty to work on at practice (2014-10-15 00:43:07)
I mentioned this on a previous thread, but as a professional web developer, this is absolutely baffling. The HIO website now offers the worst user experience possible. That homepage slider is SO unnecessary for a site that usually has about two new article per day, and where all of the discussion takes place on the latest article only. Not to mention, it takes more than five seconds to load. Worst programming EVER. The only thing HIO needed to change was ditching the poorly built mobile site for a full out responsive site. TSN tried but failed pretty miserably. HIO staff, when you realize that you've screwed up your website, contact me and I'll fix it :)
- Comment on Habs bring 2-0 record to Philadelphia to face Flyers on Saturday night (2014-10-11 05:24:54)
As a web developer, and someone who strives to deliver an optimal user experience; I am inclined to agree. TSN's new site is too busy and IMO the headlines and photos are not defined enough. As for HIO, the new slideshow is terribly slow, and it's a real pain toggling between the full site aand the mobile version, as the mobile version is completely useless. Very frustrating that two companies who.you would expect to hire a top quality web staff, have dropped the ball so hard.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Galchenyuk at centre (2014-09-30 11:08:09)
Hey guys, Not sure if this has been posted yet, but considering all of the confusion on this site regarding the blackouts, I though it could be helpful. NHL Blackout Guide NHL Website Blackout Region Calculator By Zip/Postal Code
- Comment on Bouillon an insurance policy at Habs’ training camp (2014-09-18 13:44:06)
Hi everyone! I've been reading this blog for years but have rarely commented. Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that their will be a new sports television show hitting the airwaves of ICI on October 9th. REID Between The Lines, hosted by local actor Adam Reid, will air each Thursday from 6:30-7:00 PM and will cover topics related to NHL, MLB, NFL, MMA and more. The show will aim to represent the hardcore fan's opinion and will be highly tied to the online community that we are building with the website and social media. In the meantime, we are giving away multiple pairs of FREE Habs pre-season tickets to help create a buzz leading up to the launch of the show. For a chance to win tickets, connect with us on social media: Like Us On Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Thank you all in advance for supporting local sports television in Montreal!
- Comment on Non-Olympic Habs get back on the ice in Brossard (with video) (2014-02-20 12:44:44)
The only way I'd consider taking on Hemsky would be if we were able to dump some of our dead weight (Briere, Bourque) in exchange. Would not be willing to give up any assets for him nor would I want to take on his salary in addition to our other questionable contracts.