scavanau - (Shannon Cavanaugh)Member since October 2, 2011
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Prust, Subban, Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Guy Carbonneau, Yvon Cournoyer, Patrick Roy, and Lyle Odelein
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-28 09:43:41)
As if Stuart Scott's incessant "Boo-yah" wasn't enough to drive me away years ago, them squeezing 30 sec's of hockey in between MLS and WNBA highlights confirms I made the right decision to banish them from my cable box.
- Comment on Rookie Sekac will be healthy scratch for Habs vs. Rangers (2014-10-25 12:35:26)
Go Habs Go
- Comment on Carey Price will be back in goal for Habs against Rangers as Michel Therrien coaches his 600th game (2014-10-24 15:27:29)
With this new TV coverage deal I get all kinds of Bruins and Leafs games. Awesome... Saturday they play each other so naturally I get to see them on 2 channels in my neck of the woods, the same game on 2 different channels. Please note my sarcasm. One would think the first Habs/Rangers match up in Montreal might be a spirited game given what happened. But no... I'm S.O.L.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens routed to end road trip on sour note (2014-10-13 18:25:14)
You see Kim Jong Jr's haircuts? Dude is asking for it.
- Comment on Habs will give youngsters a chance against Blackhawks (2014-10-01 17:49:56)
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 18:31:24)
Agree completely in all regards.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 12:12:16)
My favorite Koivu memory was back in 2008 (I believe) I brought the family up to see them play the Capitals. With extra attacker on the ice, Ovechkin scores game tieing goal with something like .06 seconds left. Saku nets OT winner on beautiful breakaway goal. As for the #27 - Rick Chartraw was my very first Habs trading card.
- Comment on Happy 83rd birthday to Habs legend Jean Béliveau (2014-08-31 19:27:09)
- Comment on Happy 83rd birthday to Habs legend Jean Béliveau (2014-08-31 17:34:47)
Happy birthday Mr. Beliveau. My Quebec brothers and sisters, I need some help. I'm headed up tomorrow for a camping trip near Montebello. It looks as if your liquor stores shut down for the holiday. I can deal with that. But, the last 2 times I went north I was unable to locate Brador beer. A favorite of mine (and the wife) since we as teenagers discovered the wonders of beer in the early 80's. What gives? No longer brewed? Will I have better luck as I venture beyond the duty free shop? I have a cabin at "Kenauk Nature". Anyone familiar with it?
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-30 10:38:42)
Can't wait for a new article to start so I don't have to look at that pompous face.