govenahMember since October 1, 2011
Habs fan since: 2002
Favorite current player: Gallagher, Bournival, Subban
All-time favorite player: Butch Goring
Lock and Spring -that's the the ticket!
- Comment on Liveblog: Playoff Game 1 – Weise goal seals 5-4 OT thriller (2014-04-16 20:09:54)
I cant take this Cooper hype seriously. Every single player is champ all the way up from midget but when they get to the NHL is another story. Good luck in the big leagues Cooper. Lock and Spring -that's the the ticket!
- Comment on Liveblog: Playoff Game 1 – Weise goal seals 5-4 OT thriller (2014-04-16 19:13:13)
Just pretend all those blue sweaters in the crowd are leaf sweaters. Lock and Spring -that's the the ticket!
- Comment on Prust will be game-time decision for Habs in Tampa (with practice video) (2014-04-15 22:52:27)
There are a few things that need to fixed before the team gets back to Montreal. Mostly it comes down the the Lock and Spring strategy which I believe is a strategy we can execute give the team skills. 1. Lock up the opposing team as they come toward the blue line. We have the stand up guys (Weaver) and the heavy hitter threats (Subban, Murray, Emelin and even Tinordi) where we can slow charging forwards down and make them keep their heads up. 2. Lock em up. Play closer and more aggressive man to man in the defensive zone as opposed to the zone - box them outside defence which is not working. 3. Spring! Play the opposing forwards tight until the puck springs out and launch the counter attack with blinding speed. We have done this well for the most part all year 4. And of course, not part of the lock and spring but we have get this fixed immediately: Work on the PP. It worked well at times. Let's look at what worked and build. Vanek(in the video above) is right about getting pucks around the net then drawing the opposing D down low to open up shots from the point. Lock and Spring -that's the the ticket!
- Comment on Prust will be game-time decision for Habs in Tampa (with practice video) (2014-04-15 15:33:13)
Playoff pool enthusiasts here you go with more to digest. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2026227-nhl-playoff-odds-2014-handicapping-every-teams-championship-hopes/page/12 Habs rated at 11. - size said to be the weakness. Good luck in your pool! The glass is MT.
- Comment on Habs will open playoff series Wednesday night in Tampa (2014-04-13 17:15:51)
Bolts dont look any better than the Habs did for most of last nights game. The glass is MT.
- Comment on Habs will open playoff series Wednesday night in Tampa (2014-04-13 17:13:49)
RE: BoltsvsCaps - Both teams are still playing not get injured. Could go anyway. The glass is MT.
- Comment on Emelin will be in Habs lineup against Lightning (2014-04-01 15:04:50)
At least Bourque should be able to vote. He has a french name at least... http://blog.fagstein.com/2014/04/01/canadiens-players-voters-list/ The glass is MT.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-30 13:33:02)
Yes we have to let go of GIO for next year. And dump either Briere or Eller. Marky should get 15m for a 3yr contract or 11M for a 2 year. Vanek makes 8 a year. I sure like how DD's contract is looking now. But I was certainly down on him in November. The glass is MT.
- Comment on Habs hold practice in Florida without Plekanec (2014-03-28 23:00:40)
Phaneuf reminds me of one of the men on my old 2D board hockey under the dome game - slides forward , slides back, one hell of shot if he hits it right, spins a bit, but while all other players are in 3D, Toronto is one blind city. The glass is MT.
- Comment on Habs hold practice in Florida without Plekanec (2014-03-28 21:27:54)
There is a slim chance the Flyers could play the Bruins. That would be good in the first round.