habs12 - (Trevor )Member since September 18, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Canadiens trade Peter Budaj to Winnipeg Jets (2014-10-05 16:53:55)
If they claimed him off waivers, he would need to stay up with the habs, which they obviously did not want at the moment. If they traded him straight for Holland, it wouldnt solve their goaltending dilemma. If they traded him straight for Budaj, they would have the same number of available roster spots. By trading Budaj and Holland, they open a roster spot while fixing the goaltending issue. They also manage to save over 800,000$ of cap space, since Tangredi makes less than the 900,000$ maximum cap exemption for players sent to the minors. Both Holland and Tangredi are relatively fringe NHL Players, so why not at least bring in a guy with some size.
- Comment on Habs’ Eller sidelined with lower-body injury; junior team trades Scherbak (2014-09-22 18:48:02)
Keeper Fantasy League Question: Who should I keep? - James Neal ($28 out of $200 cap for auction draft) -- can only be kept this year - Evgeny Kuznetsov (18$ out of $200 cap for auction draft) -- can be kept this year and next year Thanks!
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 13:12:57)
If the habs win tonight, anything can happen this series...Unlike vs. Boston, MSG is not an intimidating building to play in.
- Comment on Habs will be going for sweep in Game 4 Tuesday (2014-04-21 14:42:50)
We had those calls against us last year during the playoffs...
- Comment on Liveblog: Playoff game 3 – Canadiens win a tight one, take 3-0 series lead (2014-04-20 17:57:08)
And a nice contrast to the bug-eyed walrus of 2013.
- Comment on Habs happy to be home with 2-0 series lead (with video) (2014-04-20 10:59:39)
It was a free shot in Seabrook's mind. He clearly saw that Backes didnt maintain possession as anticipated going around the boards, yet he was locked in on him like a missile. I view it like a crazy headshot in football from the safety diving at the receiver, even though the ball was thrown 10 ft above his head and uncatchable. Anyways, even if Backes had his head up, who knows how he would have been able to react. The real point is that it should not constantly be up to the players to defend themselves in vulnerable positions -- there has to come a point where it is truly on the individuals committing the action. Also, how would people's opinions change if that was Raffi Torres and not Seabrook?
- Comment on Habs happy to be home with 2-0 series lead (with video) (2014-04-20 10:46:45)
Backes didn't even have the puck. Why would he need to look up like that. I like Seabrook as a player, but he propelled himself into his head. He cost them the game, and now he may cost them the series. I think phone means up to 5 games. If the NHL was serious about headshots, the playoffs is where you send the message. 5 games would take him out of the series. I'm guessing 2 cause they don't have the 'Joe Quennevilles" to do it.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-19 10:04:13)
Big two points on the road last night.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-17 14:14:31)
This theory holds, unless they are given another late start to begin round 2...
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-17 13:29:41)
Prust sucked last night and cannot be on a shutdown line.