DadidolizedDougHarvey - (Peter Halliday)Member since September 2, 2011
Habs fan since: birth
Favorite current player: Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: Bob Gainey
- Comment on Carey Price back on the ice at Habs’ practice (2015-01-20 07:10:37)
It was only about a month ago that Leaf media, and Toronto media in general, were tut-tut-tutting about the futility of the Edmonton Oilers. One thing that is consistent about the Leafs fans is that they don't learn a thing.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-18 19:10:24)
Saw that too, on TVA.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-18 14:47:22)
Yeah,that "allez allez" goal song drives me nuts too...
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-12 10:49:20)
Agreed. I brought this up yesterday. In a vhs from the 80's called "How to Play Defense" featuring Mark and Gordie Howe, Gordie mentions that all the defensemen back in the day chose really heavy solid sticks because they understood that their sticks were as much weapons as shot/pass creators. It seems to me that all defenders in a shorthanded situation should have hefty pieces of something that are not going to break.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 10:06:51)
I have a "How to play Defense" instructional VHS by Mark and Gordie Howe where Gordie explains that back in the day, before defensemen would rush the puck, that they would choose heavy durable sticks because they understood that their sticks were as much weapons as they were shooting/passing implements. In a shorthanded situation with the game on the line, that stick should not break.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 08:14:49)
Can't these guys have at least one stick in their arsenal that they can use in man-disadvantaged situations that are slightly stronger than those flimsy little fishing rods they use during the game? Maybe something made of ...wood? Chances are they won't be making pinpoint passes or "seeing eye" top corner shorts, give them a tree trunk for heaven's sake! As soon as Plekanec's stick was broken, I knew the game was over. Crappy way to lose.
- Comment on Habs are a good team, but there’s still work to do (2015-01-10 10:45:54)
Does anybody know if these guys that we expect to fight ever get any formal fighting/boxing instruction? I remember hearing stories of Stephane Quintal getting some formal training during an off season, and it turned him into a formidable fighter, if I remember correctly.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-16 09:12:25)
Edit: On those nights with the TVA crew, I really miss the RDS guys.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-16 09:00:55)
I hate that the Leafs are being pumped into Montreal when no one is watching. What a waste of airtime. Aren't there any repeats of Murdoch Mysteries they can out on?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-16 08:59:05)
I agree. The TVA guys keep hitting the same fever pitch. They also always seem to feel obliged to name exactly what QHL team these guys played for, if they did. I really miss the RDS crew.