HabsFanInNashville - (Matt Baker)Member since August 28, 2011
Habs fan since: 1989
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Subban paired with Bouillon at practice (2013-02-01 17:09:01)
Well said, Bill. I agree; I find this curious. I may add that while this approach may get results, some employees completely go in the opposite direction.
- Comment on Pacioretty set to dazzle Habs’ fitness staff (2013-01-12 07:11:56)
They do, but that was mentioned by the OP.
- Comment on Pacioretty set to dazzle Habs’ fitness staff (2013-01-11 20:44:57)
Other states have no state income tax, too - Tennessee (Preds) and Texas (Stars). Another thing - many states tax the income of visiting players - they've earned it in their state.
- Comment on We’re not making this up (2012-07-20 07:24:35)
It doesn't work like that that. They either match the offer sheet or they don't; there is no additional negotiation with Philadelphia. Further, Nashville can't trade Weber for a year after matching an offer sheet. May not sound like a big deal, but you're talking about two years of signing bonus and one year of salary - so that's a 26M commitment for one year of Weber.
- Comment on You be the general manager (2012-06-30 17:52:05)
Wow, we have a bunch of ten year olds here, happy to be "first". Lame. Anyhow - Parenteau never had an 89 point season. He hit 67 last year.
- Comment on Multimedia from Thursday practice (2012-02-23 12:39:22)
That's an equally ignorant comment....yes, Nashvillians only go to hockey games because there's nothing else to do in this town...we have no other sports/entertainment options. If it wasn't for the Predators, most of us would just sit at home and play jug band music and dance around barefoot. But thankfully the Preds are here, so we can all go downtown and marvel at the ice, despite having no idea what is going on. Sigh.
- Comment on Multimedia from Thursday practice (2012-02-23 12:24:47)
HabFanSince72 - Pretty ignorant comment, old-timer. Perhaps you should check the attendance numbers before making such sweeping generalizations, particularly when they're untrue.
- Comment on Boudreau is back (2011-12-01 10:47:54)
Yeah, let's cry about a guy who has lost his starting job to Brian Elliott and a 4th liner. Letting those two guys go are definitely what's bringing this team down... (smh)
- Comment on Multimedia: Video, audio from Tuesday practice (2011-11-15 13:36:53)
Weber is a RFA making 7.5M a year. So - are you prepared to forfeit FOUR 1st round picks and pay him 8M a year? I really wish people would stop bringing up Weber. It's just dumb.
- Comment on Canadiens camp winds down (2011-09-28 08:14:20)
This site has gone downhill since the change. The motto should be changed to "Absolutely everything about the Montreal Canadiens...about 6 hours after you heard it elsewhere". This used to be my first stop each time I got on the internet.Now I am asking myself what the point of even visiting the site is; the "news" is badly outdated, and now you have to pay to read an article? Um, no thanks. Can't see myself stopping by much longer, but I'm sure that HIO will continue to trot out their marketing stats about how the site is growing, despite using every cheap tactic to inflate those numbers...