habsfaninkw - (Dave Craig)Member since August 23, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 16 – St. Louis wins in Shootout, Canadiens set shot-blocking record (2013-11-05 20:32:19)
Agreed, this first period is only a little microcosm of a pretty pedestrian season. And one that appears to be moving in the wrong direction.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 16 – St. Louis wins in Shootout, Canadiens set shot-blocking record (2013-11-05 20:28:49)
I really don't know why we have Murray in the lineup. He looked bad in Colorado, bad on that play tonight. I suspect you're right, we wouldn't do any worse going with the younger guns here. They'd have some painful moments this year, but the older crew just isn't at the level that's going to get us anywhere anyway.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 3: Calgary jinx continues, Flames win 3-2 (2013-10-09 20:51:28)
I really try to be optimistic, but this ain't pretty. I have these visions of a very looong season coming up.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 3: Calgary jinx continues, Flames win 3-2 (2013-10-09 20:49:25)
Time to break out the thesaurus. We need some new adjectives to go with brutal.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 3: Calgary jinx continues, Flames win 3-2 (2013-10-09 20:32:45)
Somebody want to let our team know there's actually a game on tonight?
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-02 00:13:29)
I've always truly hoped that Price would succeed, he seemed to have so many natural abilities and was almost certainly mishandled early in his career here. There's an obvious trend here though and sooner or later we may have to face facts. His save percentage has been dropping significantly since 10/11 and his record over the last 20 games or so last year was something like 7-13. He's also started this year with a loss and a .895 SV percentage. Not good.
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-01 23:35:06)
You're right, the "rivalry" goes way back - to an era where we had 6 teams. Even the Red Sox don't open against the Yankees every year, Man United doesn't open every year against Man City, the Celtics and Lakers don't open each season ... etc. Fla might not be my first choice for the Habs, but there are 20+ teams to choose from. How about Boston for a change, or this year Detroit to welcome them to the conference?
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-01 23:23:52)
I think Pax the individual gets a pass, it's not his fault (at least not in any way we could know anything about). But the franchise has a major problem with injuries. I don't have stats handy, but we're likely one of the most fragile teams over the past many seasons. Something's gotta give there if we plan on going more than 100 games.
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-01 23:14:25)
Perhaps a small thermonuclear device might get the message through. It's starting to feel like that ... already.
- Comment on Game 1 Liveblog: Canadiens drop opener to Leafs 4-3 (2013-10-01 23:11:07)
Agreed. Although I think the whining is completely justified. No way in hell we should have given up the lead to end up down 4-2 to that group of blue/white ... I'm too polite to finish the sentence.