stephenMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-31 13:40:27)
Nice to see Bourque as part of the group. Don't know why, but I've always imagined him being somewhat distant and aloof. So in my own little Habs world, I'm happy to see René playing well with others. ;)
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 18:46:40)
Anybody in the market for a house? Saku is selling... http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/42-Echo-Gln_Irvine_CA_92603_M16152-04742?row=4 edit: Well dang it anyway, I now see this topic is already linked in the main article above. Bah humbug.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 14:54:41)
Thanks for the link, UCe. Nice to know someone of his character and pedigree is down there promoting the game.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 11:34:57)
Thanks to Stubbs for an enjoyable read on the Lernout youngster. I relish the idea of the Habs one day having a defenceman that everyone hates to play against. Lernout mentioned Pronger in that respect and it's hard to argue with that referent. He might not develop the same offensive abilities as Pronger possessed, but if he can even bring a fraction of that 'nasty' factor to his game, I'd be pleased.
- Comment on Habs development camp underway in Brossard (VIDEO) (2014-07-07 13:15:57)
TSN reports that Senators GM, Bryan Murray, has been diagnosed with cancer. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456632 Recently, on 'free agent frenzy' day, I referred to him as a 'bitter old man', based on his caustic remarks about what he seemed to think of as the failings of the team's previous two captains. Evidently, I had no idea of his condition at the time, but only wish him and his family the very best in his recovery. Hope he is able to fully return to his functions and live a happy and healthy life.
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White looking for a new team (2014-07-04 21:17:45)
Meh, you're all a bunch of party-poopers. ;) To be honest, I hadn't sat down to put any lines together, so I was really only responding to the recent calls for added artillery. I guess Perron just represents an 'ideal world' scenario, as I've always liked the edge to his game.
- Comment on Former Hab Ryan White looking for a new team (2014-07-04 21:04:14)
With all of the talk lately of the Habs needing another top-6 winger, I can't help but return to a player I would love to see in their lineup next year: David Perron. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=95960 What do you reckon would be the asking price in a trade?
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-04 10:42:46)
Hi JQP, It would be great to have Keane back in the fold. I've also always thought Eric Desjardins would make a good assistant/dman/powerplay coach. I think he's out of the hockey world now, but it would be nice to have someone with his pedigree.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-03 20:03:19)
Corson played hard minutes for a long time. Hard not to like a player like that. Quicky scanning his son's OHL stats, it looks as though he would have to play similarly hard minutes to make it in the NHL. Here's to hoping he gives a team (Habs or not) something to think about.
- Comment on Habs invite 50 players to development camp (2014-07-03 17:40:20)
And all good guesses at that, chum! I also wonder if the speculation about Beaulieu's negative comportment upon being sent back down during the Olympic break has anything to do with his being at the camp. edit: Never mind! Was forgetting he played during the playoffs. Hard to imagine they would make the camp a teachable moment if they were high enough on him to play him in big games in the spring.