stephenMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog : Canadiens suffer first preseason loss, 2-0 to Caps (2014-09-28 22:04:03)
Hi, HiS, I hadn't realized Romanuk was part of the new broadcasting team. My memory might be failing me, but was he not a former regular play-by-play guy during TSN's earlier days? I seem to recall him calling games in my youth, and to be honest, at the time I thought he was pretty decent. Seems like since then he had been stuck in the Siberia of broadcasting that is the Spengler Cup, but sounds like he's back in the fold now. I wonder if his sidekick tonight was Greg Millen, Leaf brown-noser extraordinaire. As for Habs games, I thought I read/heard somewhere that John Bartlett, now formerly of TSN690, was coming in to do Canadiens broadcasts for Sportsnet.
- Comment on Habs’ top pick Scherbak shines in Bell Centre debut (2014-09-23 08:42:03)
Thanks for the picture, Ronn. Hadn't heard any word of the renovations, so this is a nice surprise. That original room was starting to look a little poky when compared with some of the newer rooms around the league. Also, I'm sure the extra space will be a boon to some of the more 'generously proportioned' media folk. Not thinking of anyone in particular, of course. ;)
- Comment on Habs’ Eller sidelined with lower-body injury; junior team trades Scherbak (2014-09-22 12:57:51)
You mean you didn't enjoy marvelling at Craig Darby's exploits at centre back in the day? Psh. ;) edit: No shot at Darby intended. He did yeoman's work during a pretty bleak period.
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-22 11:44:32)
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-22 11:13:52)
Matty, "Curiouslyemotionalinvectiveaimedatbobgaineyandcompanyformakingthetrade!!" Also, "Curiouslyemotionalinvectiveaimedatyouforbringingthisupagainandthusmissingyourfacetiousnessentirely!!" There, I think I've covered the gamut of possible reactions to your post. Everyone move along now.
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-21 14:21:42)
Thanks, JF. Keeping fingers crossed.
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-21 14:16:11)
Anybody know whether tomorrow night's intra-squad game will be webcast? Didn't hear them announce it during this morning's scrimmage.
- Comment on Habs coach Therrien happy with his four centres (2014-09-20 10:48:56)
Thanks for the heads-up, Hobie. I wasn't aware the webcast extended beyond the scrimmage to include the drills beforehand. Love it. Kudos to RDS for doing this. Would be neat to know the viewing numbers. edit: Takes me back to my McGill days in the early 2000's, before they had the rink in Brossard, and training camp practices were open to the public at the Bell (Molson?) Centre. It's a wonder to think how many lectures I shirked in favour of cozying up in a centre-ice seat with a coffee to watch the drills. Ah, those were the days...
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 11:16:14)
Hiya, Habfan, Sorry, I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek when writing my post. It was my failed attempt at being ironic. In actuality, I very much dislike the shootout and would prefer they simply stick with overtime. :)
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 10:15:47)
Now, if only they would do away with that farcical 4-on-4 circus they call 'overtime', the shootout could rightfully stand alone in the spotlight.