stephenMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 23:00:47)
Down Goes Brown @DownGoesBrown · 26m 26 minutes ago Watching Leafs/Devils followed by Kings/Blackhawks is like eating a moldy bologna sandwich followed by watching Kings/Blackhawks.
- Comment on Canadiens give Price day off after win over Stars (2015-01-28 22:40:59)
Ugh. The Leafs are looking more and more like the 2011 Canadiens. Lame-duck coach, loss after loss, despondently delirious fanbase. It's all fun and games until they snag a top-3 draft pick, however. Double-ugh.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 09:35:40)
The gum that's stuck to the sole of my shoe is an upgrade on Matt Cooke.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-28 09:22:38)
So, yappy Lappy goes to the Pens. He doesn't really improve their team-toughness factor, but he does make them more annoying to play, I suppose. Perhaps he's just there as a sort of rodeo clown, to help draw attention away from the likes of Crosby and Malkin.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a nailbiter (2015-01-27 23:31:56)
Would there not have to be a corresponding demotion to be paired with Dumont's promotion? Did I simply miss the announcement? Are they not otherwise over the roster limit? Perhaps Parenteau gets put onto a long-term injury list? Any clarification is much appreciated.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a nailbiter (2015-01-27 20:31:59)
Eesh. Missed the first period, but don't like seeing a 16-8 shot advantage for the Stars. Out of curiosity, how many of those were quality scoring chances?
- Comment on Price will be in goal for Habs against Stars (2015-01-27 16:20:37)
Yes, another good point, 24C. I'd much rather the team target a more stable, physical dman than one who might bring more offense at the cost of weak defensive zone play. Franson is fine as an NHL defenceman, but I don't think he's a good fit for this current Canadiens team, both in terms of skill-set and contract status.
- Comment on Price will be in goal for Habs against Stars (2015-01-27 15:57:36)
He's also a -6 so far this season. Finished last season at -20. Toronto's recent tailspin has afforded me a chance to see many a Leafs highlight (lowlight?) reel, and in many of the 'goals against' clips, it was notable how weak Franson looked in board play, often failing to pin opposing players or cause a turnover. Just saying, you'd have to take the 'good' with an equal dose of 'bad'.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice, prepare to face Stars (2015-01-27 11:47:48)
Never realized Jagr was a count. Huh, you learn something new every day, I guess. (One, ONE lame joke, ah-ah-ah-ah!)
- Comment on Carey Price survives All-Star Game shootout (2015-01-26 12:42:47)
Yes, he does bring value, especially to a team like the Oilers. Would be a good pickup for them, really.