stephenMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 11:16:14)
Hiya, Habfan, Sorry, I had my tongue planted firmly in cheek when writing my post. It was my failed attempt at being ironic. In actuality, I very much dislike the shootout and would prefer they simply stick with overtime. :)
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 10:15:47)
Now, if only they would do away with that farcical 4-on-4 circus they call 'overtime', the shootout could rightfully stand alone in the spotlight.
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 10:02:10)
Not sure if this explains it, but might it have something to do with the fact that Parenteau has two years left on his contract, whereas Briere has just the one? Perhaps the draft pick is there to make up for any potential 'bust' with Parenteau. As in, 'sorry we stuck you with him for an extra season, but here's a pick to help make up for it.'....?
- Comment on Odds against a Habs rookie cracking lineup this season (2014-09-12 09:55:08)
Thanks, CNG. I wasn't around the other day when Koivu made the announcement, so I wasn't able to share my thoughts on it. I very much hope that, down the road, he returns to the organization in some capacity, be it as part of management, or simply by way of a meaningful and permanent tribute. I am not necessarily advocating a jersey retirement, but surely this man's impact on both the team and the city merits some form of lasting honour. Players of his heart and character deserve their stitch in the fabric of the franchise right alongside those who hoisted the Cups. After all, is he not the embodiment of their 'no excuses' mantra? Thanks again for the read, CNG.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 23:23:08)
Here's something that's been bothering me for a couple of days. Up until today, I had only heard passing remarks here and there about the Leafs' plans for a commemorative monument outside the ACC. Whenever I heard about it, I was confused at what people seemed to be referencing as the players who would be immortalized 'on the bench'. Were they really going to nail the likenesses of some of the franchise's greatest players onto a bench? Of course, just as one does not spend more time in a porta-potty than one needs to, I didn't care to look into a Leafs' matter any further. I did break just now, however, and looked up the project so that I could finally satisfy my morbid curiosity. Sure enough, to honor some of the team's finest heroes, it seems the Maple Leafs will celebrate the electrifying speed and skill, the dogged determination, and the transcendent spirit of these men by...casting them stone-still on a bench. I understand statues are a static medium, but really, why cast these heroes of the fastest game on earth in such an uninvolved and pedestrian position? I'm honestly not having a go at the Leafs simply for the sake of having a go. Perhaps I'm thinking too much about this, but it just seems like such a bizarrely misguided attempt to 'honor' these men and their achievements. Apologies if this has already been discussed at length. Time to get out of the porta-potty now.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 22:58:49)
To be fair, he DID win a Cup with the Rangers in '94.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-07 16:18:06)
Hi, Mavid! If you enjoy the brilliantly lunatic insight of Karl Pilkington, you might enjoy 'The Ricky Gervais' show, which is the animated-for-TV version of the podcasts Gervais, Pilkington and Stephen Merchant did together. Hope you get a chance to check it out! :)
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 10:56:34)
Craig Darby, circa 2000?
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 12:51:34)
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 20:34:45)
PK helped make seeing my first Habs playoff game a truly spine-tingling experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syNrkvXZkF0 So glad that we can now look forward to many more years of such scintillating highlights! Cheers to Habs management and PK's camp for getting this done. :)