stephenMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 23:23:08)
Here's something that's been bothering me for a couple of days. Up until today, I had only heard passing remarks here and there about the Leafs' plans for a commemorative monument outside the ACC. Whenever I heard about it, I was confused at what people seemed to be referencing as the players who would be immortalized 'on the bench'. Were they really going to nail the likenesses of some of the franchise's greatest players onto a bench? Of course, just as one does not spend more time in a porta-potty than one needs to, I didn't care to look into a Leafs' matter any further. I did break just now, however, and looked up the project so that I could finally satisfy my morbid curiosity. Sure enough, to honor some of the team's finest heroes, it seems the Maple Leafs will celebrate the electrifying speed and skill, the dogged determination, and the transcendent spirit of these men by...casting them stone-still on a bench. I understand statues are a static medium, but really, why cast these heroes of the fastest game on earth in such an uninvolved and pedestrian position? I'm honestly not having a go at the Leafs simply for the sake of having a go. Perhaps I'm thinking too much about this, but it just seems like such a bizarrely misguided attempt to 'honor' these men and their achievements. Apologies if this has already been discussed at length. Time to get out of the porta-potty now.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-19 22:58:49)
To be fair, he DID win a Cup with the Rangers in '94.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-07 16:18:06)
Hi, Mavid! If you enjoy the brilliantly lunatic insight of Karl Pilkington, you might enjoy 'The Ricky Gervais' show, which is the animated-for-TV version of the podcasts Gervais, Pilkington and Stephen Merchant did together. Hope you get a chance to check it out! :)
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 10:56:34)
Craig Darby, circa 2000?
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 12:51:34)
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 20:34:45)
PK helped make seeing my first Habs playoff game a truly spine-tingling experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syNrkvXZkF0 So glad that we can now look forward to many more years of such scintillating highlights! Cheers to Habs management and PK's camp for getting this done. :)
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-31 13:40:27)
Nice to see Bourque as part of the group. Don't know why, but I've always imagined him being somewhat distant and aloof. So in my own little Habs world, I'm happy to see René playing well with others. ;)
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 18:46:40)
Anybody in the market for a house? Saku is selling... http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/42-Echo-Gln_Irvine_CA_92603_M16152-04742?row=4 edit: Well dang it anyway, I now see this topic is already linked in the main article above. Bah humbug.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 14:54:41)
Thanks for the link, UCe. Nice to know someone of his character and pedigree is down there promoting the game.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 11:34:57)
Thanks to Stubbs for an enjoyable read on the Lernout youngster. I relish the idea of the Habs one day having a defenceman that everyone hates to play against. Lernout mentioned Pronger in that respect and it's hard to argue with that referent. He might not develop the same offensive abilities as Pronger possessed, but if he can even bring a fraction of that 'nasty' factor to his game, I'd be pleased.